Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Well qpf Queens and all I would look at Jan 2011 and think something similar 

Yeah you've been mentioning that for the past two days...seems like a good one. 

We did decently in that one, like 8-12" or something while you guys got 12-24".  Could definitely see that happening.

Can't believe its still at hour 120 though.  5 days is a long time in model world for it to be this consistent.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah you've been mentioning that for the past two days...seems like a good one. 

We did decently in that one, like 8-12" or something while you guys got 12-24".  Could definitely see that happening.

Can't believe its still at hour 120 though.  5 days is a long time in model world for it to be this consistent.

Certainly not locking anything in, Lucy has pulled the football many many times.  

Jan_12_2011_Snow_Anal_exp.png

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I wouldn't get to wrapped up in where this is tracking right now because its going to change for a few more cycles until the vortmax out west comes onshore.

Yeah maybe it digs even more and matures over the mid Atlantic and gives ray it's occluded smegma.

6 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

It's been a trend since the 06z run.  0 850 @ 126 hr. is up to BOS.

Notice 0 850 and 2m are congruent at the height.   That's your wrapped up bombing low.  Very similar to Boxing Day which went out over outer cape but better because the occlusion is later.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah maybe it digs even more and matures over the mid Atlantic and gives ray it's occluded smegma.

Not out of the question, That trough was pretty far south this run, That what i would be more concerned with is that it blows its load further south, Or it phases even earlier and tracks up the hudson then an OTS solution right now.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Not out of the question, That trough was pretty far south this run, That what i would be more concerned with is that it blows its load further south, Or it phases even earlier and tracks up the hudson then an OTS solution right now.

OTS is almost off the table. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

With that arctic HP where it is..it's not cutting west lol

Again that means nothing. Surface features are governed by mid and upper level features. If those change, so does HP. What it good, is that the antecedent airmass is about as good as it gets.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Agreed....I'd like to see the digging trend cease.

This GFS run was great, but leave it there.

Anyone have the 18z 10:1 map?

Enough with the glue sniffing Kuchie kids...

Archived