Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Coastal Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Models did pretty well for all of us on the fringes of the intense banding.   I'm pleased with my 6-8" call for here.  MPM elevation might have bought him 2" more than me due to fluff factor.  I wish his wife would post a report. 

I had 6-10" here and sitting at 9.0"

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Going to say Newburyport looks like its getting hammered.  I think 6-8" will do it here...a far cry from the NWS forecast of 13-19", but I would call this a bust at least around here.

Going out to measure shortly. 

That band appears to be siding bye bye

Well i think some called posters out for saying this would bust low about 12x, like Ray said it's difficult to convey disappointment without getting  shellacking in here, *even when there is justification

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Well i think some called posters out for saying this would bust low about 12x, like Ray said it's difficult to convey disappointment without getting  shellacking in here, *even when there is justification

People were bridge jumping at 10:30, that's why I was calling them out.

I would do it again tomorrow if I had the choice. We got 1/16th vis and a death band. 

Had about 2.5" at home at 1:45, probably about 3" now.  Augusta had 4" of fluff when I headed north about 12:30.  Unless there's some backbuilding, we're more likely to be advisory than warning level.  Still a win, as 3 days back this was wide right.  (And GFS still has about 36 hr snowfall Sun-Mon for 20"+.  Won't happen that way, but something nice looks likely.)

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We missed half the storm being in that screw zone of subsidence all morning. All the models pretty much showed that the past 18hrs though. Also I wonder what the ratios really are because sometimes when the flakes are small like this they settle despite having low water content. Between 5-6in here in my part of town, I'm hoping we can squeeze another 2-3 out by the end of the night.

1 minute ago, ryanjn said:

We missed half the storm being in that screw zone of subsidence all morning. All the models pretty much showed that the past 18hrs though. Also I wonder what the ratios really are because sometimes when the flakes are small like this they settle despite having low water content. Between 5-6in here in my part of town, I'm hoping we can squeeze another 2-3 out by the end of the night.

where are you?

5 minutes ago, ryanjn said:

serious question

if it was obvious and part of forecast why did no forecasts have it in accums. Seems someone could paint an AWT onto quite the broad range of outcomes if that is the case. Just to be clear i'm just pointing this out, I enjoyed the last 2 hrs of this storm where i got 6" in 2hrs. It was amazing. 

Hoping to squeeze out 7-8" total just north of Haverill.  We'll bust at least half a foot less than expected from what I can tell but not much one can do about it when it really didnt start snowing till 2 and its appearing to clear up by 5-6pm.  Sat between bands all day except a 1.5 hour period when all the snow fell.  Now the nicest band of the day is quickly zipping offshore.

Looking forward to the cleanout then focusing on next storm for the weekend!

Archived