Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2017 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Looks like we might get a bit of snow tomorrow night from the clipper. Maybe an inch in spots. Then we should watch Monday's storm to see if it trends south. Right now, that looks like a SNE Northward storm. After that, we might have to watch for a potential bigger storm at the end of next week.

Euro drops 4-6+ north of 84, its close 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, psv88 said:

No way that's true...I hit 4 last month.

I'm a good 30 miles SE of you with UHI and ocean influence, on the border of Nassau/Rockaway. I hit 16 when JFK hit 13.

I know how well Suffolk radiates though, I work there, some mornings it'll be in 20's here and then it'll be in the lower teens when I arrive there.

24 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Looks like this current window of opportunity for snow stays open for about another week before the pattern becomes more unfavorable again next weekend.

eps_t850a_noram_41.png

The pattern does look like it wants to reload around the 25 th of February per the ensembles. 

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Looks like this current window of opportunity for snow stays open for about another week before the pattern becomes more unfavorable again next weekend.

eps_t850a_noram_41.png

Ehhh

The long range said the same thing about this week and look what happened. Lets see what happens when we get closer.

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Ehhh

The long range said the same thing about this week and look what happened. Lets see what happens when we get closer.

This is probably all she wrote bro. It looks warmer than normal right through March 1st. Next week is probably "it". 2/20 - 3/1(at the least) look above normal. Can we still get "cold" and snow events in March? Sure but then you are dealing with rapidly changing wavelengths as well is sun angle, length of day and climatology issues at our latitude....

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

This is probably all she wrote bro. It looks warmer than normal right through March 1st. Next week is probably "it". 2/20 - 3/1(at the least) look above normal. Can we still get "cold" and snow events in March? Sure but then you are dealing with rapidly changing wavelengths as well is sun angle, length of day and climatology issues at our latitude....

True

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Ehhh

The weeklies going back to January always had the February 9 to around the 17th as the best snow potential for us.

I have to give them credit for seeing that Kara PV split which lead to the current double dip AO pattern.

eps_z500_168h_nh_6(31).png

eps_z500a_nh_1.png

Archived