Newest Member
    joxey
Wave 1, 1/5-6/17 Discussion/OBS

dmillz25

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Holy mesoscale banding Batman - we're up to 1.5" in Metuchen, as we're under a great band of snow, arcing from about Wilmington, DE to NYC along I-95/TPK. Not much at all is falling towards the shore or well NW of 95. We might get 3" here if this keeps up for another hour or so, which looks very possible.  

Please, for the love of whatever, if you're posting, get the hell outside in this - it's freakin' gorgeous cotton candy snow...

Off to plow 1.5 of feathers 

Could be the first storm I recall us being in the jackpot for, as we're up to 2.5" as of 2:20 am and it's still snowing lightly to moderately - been lucky to be under 20-25 DBZ echoes for almost 3 hours.  Just took my last walk - need to get a little sleep for work.  Will measure in the am, but am guessing we may have some compaction.  Don't think we have too much left anyway, looking at the radar, which seems to be getting more ragged.  

6 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Could be the first storm I recall us being in the jackpot for, as we're up to 2.5" as of 2:20 am and it's still snowing lightly to moderately - been lucky to be under 20-25 DBZ echoes for almost 3 hours.  Just took my last walk - need to get a little sleep for work.  Will measure in the am, but am guessing we may have some compaction.  Don't think we have too much left anyway, looking at the radar, which seems to be getting more ragged.  

Yeah the back edge is rapidly approaching. Was heavier than expected, but will also end earlier than expected. I'm pleased. Thought we would get 1 to 2, so 2 and a half is a win. 

12 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

Out plowing or trying to...about 1.5 inches in my area but pavement less and thats compacting somewhat with temp at 29....snow also is wetter than people were touting. Some light snow falling on and off but the acaccumulating snow was over by 3

Odd how some lots have more then others. I think the snow is getting wet now because the pavement temps are still warm. We just got good enough rates to overcome it 

Archived