• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weak Coastal January 6th (Rev Kev Storm)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WinterWolf said:

Isn't it the northern stream that's the problem?  Doesn't phase in Quick enough to amp this thing up the coast a lil more???

The Southern Stream disturbance has looked good for days.

No the southern stream has just begun looking good lately, it wasn't good the past 72 hours, it is better on the EURO but worse then previous runs.  The northern stream is positively tilted which is the problem.

55 minutes ago, weathafella said:

NAM total qpf thorough Sunday for James is 1.25 and 0.5 to Weymouth-almost to BOS.

Yeah ...now that this is shorter termed ... more worth it to steady subtle differences in the runs. I'm noticing a late trend to kick the west edge of the GPF back west ...not huge, but say 35 mi per cycle.  I will say, just based upon my own observation, the jet max and associated vort track are really about 1.5 degress of lat/lon SE of the ISP; that is actually typically a good track for the Pike ...but idiosyncrasies in the entire evolution aren't cashing in..interesting.  As is, ..the NAM is sort of "waiting" to organize the system until later based on two reasons (as far as I can tell): one, the last night's pushing the baroclinic axis way out there; the speed of the flow.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

GFS follows the NAM and brings 3-6" for Cape Cod.

GFS doesn't give anyone more than about 0.3" there with most under 0.25"...you aren't getting 5-6" with that. 2-4 is probably a better description of the GFS.

WWA up for coastal CT too as well which is odd as this is definitely a sub-adv event but i think due to timing during rush and the fact the snow will be sticking everywhere on impact, they decided to make a judgement call.

1-4" is quite a range closer to 1-2 for coastal CT 3 and 4 is certainly possible on far eastern LI though.

Archived