• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

I realize folk find me annoying ...but, you're all wrong...

It doesn't matter.  weak...strong... whatever, it just needs to pass through the key-whole latitude and longitude relative to either of those models.  If it's week, closer in works. If it's strong, farther out is fine.

That is, if we are looking... heh, make that, clawing and scraping and bargaining for any reason to justify a weather-related social media session...

( Oh, we try ... ad nauseam to deny anyway ... )

I was musing to myself on the couch last night ... can you imagine if somewhere, somehow, ... some way, a technology came into existence that could control the weather with the ease of an Xbox hand-held console?  Better yet, only one human soul has access to that console - James from the Cape. 

Like... red button = heat wave.  blue button = ice storm.  blue - blue, red, bump twice = society halting cryospheric holocaust.  I wonder if James or any person with such access and power would use it responsibly.  Would they immediately think along the lines of mimicking nature's tenacity to find averages ...sometimes via relative extremes, but more often through a steady diet of banal deviation?  Or would they cave into insidious personal morbidity and addictive personality obsession/co-dependence of cryogenic visions and start violently hitting blue-blue, red, bump twice... 

maybe that person would turn up dead - destroyed in the dark irony of their own passions, they are found entombed in a glacier, with an odd...eerily satisfied orgasmic grin frozen in eternal time.  

interesting.

yeah... i'd still put all that at 50% or a little less for occurrence, the Sunday gig - 

One thing I do like about the entire synoptic (modeled) evolution through all that is the open wave structure. The persistent over-abundant gradient ...particularly in the ~ 35th parallel (that exists from f'n Japan to Europe for that matter!) is inherently a negative interference pattern to amplitude ..particularly the curvilinear form.  The speed dynamics ...yeah, that too unfortunately.  The reason (...again and again again) is that the wind everywhere is hauling ass; such that individual S/W's don't have as much mechanics force ...oh, who cares - the bottom line is, keeping the wave open, flat and fast moving fits with this general mode of the hemisphere.  Anything that is modeled that fits, ...well, fits... 

That all said, I'm higher confident that midland wave strength will be there... I'm less than 50% for an impact much west of SE zones based upon the shear (no pun intended) uncertainty of whether the speed-flow rifle is pointed at the necessary key-whole to get it done. Not sure how that can be accessed at this range.   

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I wish wave 1 would just sh*t itself and leave.

As we have seen multiple times over the years wave spacing is not that big a deal if wave 2 is strong, it overwhelms any influences. A weak wave 1 over us with 2-4 would be ideal. I don't see what the hullabaloo is about a weak diffuse wave passing.

24 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Actually, nearly all of my research supports this finding. 

I can heat up some pie charts if you are hungry.

well played sir - well played...

left my self open to the easiest tactic available to the pot-shot artist: put the word "me" in any context ...hadn't had morning coffee yet 

anyway, good luck with ur bargain basement mental alleviation tactics in engineering that event over the weekend - 

30 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

As we have seen multiple times over the years wave spacing is not that big a deal if wave 2 is strong, it overwhelms any influences. A weak wave 1 over us with 2-4 would be ideal. I don't see what the hullabaloo is about a weak diffuse wave passing.

It's a precarious look where longitude has a huge effect on outcome. So, it does help to have wave 1 do all the things we have mentioned for any help. However, that's one small piece of the pie in this whole setup. Nobody said it was the only thing that mattered. I'm well aware of what a strong wave 2 low would do...but right now the 500 setup would need a little help there.

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

well played sir - well played...

left my self open to the easiest tactic available to the pot-shot artist: put the word "me" in any context ...hadn't had morning coffee yet 

anyway, good luck with ur bargain basement mental alleviation tactics in engineering that event over the weekend - 

The AV club disbanded years ago, so I have no idea why you're still projecting.

Take a little joke, love. Sometimes it's okay to let things land, even on your chin.

13 minutes ago, Zeus said:

The AV club disbanded years ago, so I have no idea why you're still projecting.

Take a little joke, love. Sometimes it's okay to let things land, even on your chin.

oh ..heh, you're under the false impression that I was offended by that - wow. 

no, it was funny as hell - it's something I'd do if someone so egregiously left themselves open - although, social media in general is inundated with knee jerk skinless types with no balls.  

what the f is an AV club though - no idea what that means.  nor the 'insight' into projecting - oh, you mean audio visual?  okay, but not sure what the projecting thing is about. 

no, i think you're missunderstanding things there too.  you think i post the way i do for affectation?  no dude - get a grip.  i post the way i do because of three reason: one, i like writing, i like writing; i don't just focus in snow and cold and winter affairs with the weather; i don't care to dance around the delicate sensibilities of those that do, and seem to get actually offended by those willing to discuss something else.  

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's a precarious look where longitude has a huge effect on outcome. So, it does help to have wave 1 do all the things we have mentioned for any help. However, that's one small piece of the pie in this whole setup. Nobody said it was the only thing that mattered. I'm well aware of what a strong wave 2 low would do...but right now the 500 setup would need a little help there.

Agreed. 

Would really like to see the Shortwave come in hot tomorrow, when it arrives in the Pac NW and is better sampled.

Just now, dryslot said:

Going to need to see more of an improvement soon then these small subtle nuisances, Those won't get it done.

Yup.... pretty insignificant changes as it relates to the big picture. Have more work to do than barely improving a few features.

If nothing else the GFS has been pretty consistent on this type of solution for several cycles now

The ridge out west was better early on and the plains shortwave was digging further west too which are both good...unfortunately the combination of a crappier southern wave and the first event strengthening a bit more mostly offsets those improvements....I'd say a net positive trend overall on this run, but nothing major.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

GGEM looks better through 72h than 00z did...so maybe we'll get a trend back in the positive direction after the worse result at 00z.

Not enough...marginal improvement but still basically a whiff outside of the Cape which gets 1-2".

The 12z GFS looked better at H5, a stronger Great Lakes upper level low digging further west and a stronger neutral tilt.  Also we have seen the southern stream disturbance trend weak in this time frame before only to come back stronger towards the beginning of the event.  The inverted trough has been very consistent on the GFS and still ends up giving Cape Cod snow as the intense trough in the northern stream digs southeastward.

Archived