Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately,  it takes just the right dynamical and atmospheric evolution to enable the manifestation of a MECS in the SE.  Although it's most probable that this won't achieve that distinction...meaning some posters in this subforum are likely to be disappointed (ex. the best runs for eastern-most areas are far worse for those in the central and western areas and vice-versa),  it's still too early to rule out that possibility, definitively, nor should one do so.

By the 00z runs tomorrow night,  alot more data will have been ingested into the models, and we should see a much better consensus.   In the meantime,  we can hope the proper atmospheric pieces fall into place,  so to speak, and we can subsequently bare witness to a "major" event for the majority of us.

Regardless of the inevitable result,  I am rooting for each one of the members within this subforum to see at least some accumulation!  

Good night,  all! :)

So the Euro caved to the GFS and UKMet in that run in terms of now having the stream separation...which is a good thing for getting a good storm.  It was a very nice pass of the 500mb wave...even goes slightly neg tilt thru the Carolinas.

It matches up well I think with HickoryWx's ideas earlier.  He's had a lot of good posts over the yrs

6 minutes ago, griteater said:

The SV snow maps aren't as detailed and smooth as WxBell, so I hope I didn't offend anyone with the totals.  This shows more in N SC.  Looking at the temps, they crash from W to E as the storm moves through so it's picking up on some snow falling in N SC as the storm progresses

14l4zki.gif

So GFS has 4-6 for ATL and Euro has nothing.  It's the opposite for Raleigh.  CLT looks good on both. And this starts in 72 hours.  Model wars...

Archived