Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, packbacker said:

GEFS is trying...

qpf_012h.conus.png

Does look improved but hits on big 3 ens members have been pretty much non existent for this period.  It's the only game in town though and with the impending torch, we are talking last week of Feb / first week of March before our chances really drop off. 

4 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Does look improved but hits on big 3 ens members have been pretty much non existent for this period.  It's the only game in town though and with the impending torch, we are talking last week of Feb / first week of March before our chances really drop off. 

Looks like there is roughly 6 members that have SLP off the coast.  Was just thinking the GEFS needed atleast a handful of members showing promise to keep things interesting.  Hopefully 0z can hang on...I would guess the EPS showed squat because nobody posted a thing on it.

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_29.png

46 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I agree, they not been all that good lately. But the way this winter has been, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they turn out correct.... lol  I got this off of FB some Met posted it

I know you subscribe to JB weatherbell and I watch his free videos daily.  Back in December Joe was showing Europe temperatures for December from November and was forecasting a blowtorch.  I think it was the CFSV2 model. They were showing the same thing we are seeing for February. Anyway Joe showed the temperatures for Europe and it was very cold and snowy there. Totally opposite of what was forecast by model.  Joe said that the models may have a warm bias to them but they were way way off. 

Maybe that what s going on with our maps. The AO is going negative and PNA is forecast to go positive by mid month. . And of course phase 8 MJO. Just saying.  

8 minutes ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

I know you subscribe to JB weatherbell and I watch his free videos daily.  Back in December Joe was showing Europe temperatures for December from November and was forecasting a blowtorch.  I think it was the CFSV2 model. They were showing the same thing we are seeing for February. Anyway Joe showed the temperatures for Europe and it was very cold and snowy there. Totally opposite of what was forecast by model.  Joe said that the models may have a warm bias to them but they were way way off. 

Maybe that what s going on with our maps. The AO is going negative and PNA is forecast to go positive by mid month. . And of course phase 8 MJO. Just saying.  

If all those indices show up in that fashion, I think we will still have a good snow before it's totally done. JMO 

2 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Cosgrove should be an interesting read.  "So for snowlovers in the east who are waiting for snow I say this...better luck next year"...this is what I imagine he says.

His last weekly update called for a SE snow potential February 10-12th so there's that. 

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

It's amazing just when you thought think it can't look any worse it takes it to the next level of suck

All the looks on the models suck. They all point to a torchy , suckfest, for all of the long range. We are really grasping at this " threat" due to the impending 2 week torch that gets us through mid Feb, with zilch! I think the writing is on the wall for this storm and winter. Phase 8 will save us ....NOT! :(

38 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Per CFS...July temps look neutral.  If we go 12 months in a row AN...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfsv2fcst/htmls/usT2me3Mon.html

I really hope it doesn't end in July! I'd really like it to carry over to 21 months in a row! That'll get us through March 2018, with no snow! Maybe we can get a side of 6-9 months of BN rainfall! So we can have a patty-melt plate, scattered covered smothered diced and topped, on two! Make one light! :(

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

Per CFS...July temps look neutral.  If we go 12 months in a row AN...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfsv2fcst/htmls/usT2me3Mon.html

I'm pretty sure Summer's featuring La Niña transiitoning to El Niño tend to be cool.  I think we will see many places have a below normal month this summer if not even April or May 

Archived