Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

I agree. I'd rather see the cold suppressing a potential storm at day 7 than seeing what was portrayed yesterday (marginal temps, etc.). I'm actually more interested now.

Agree better no storm or a suppressed storm than a cutter or NW trend at this point.....I feel fairly optimistic that there will be a few legit threats over the next 2-3 weeks.

15 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

From a friend :)

Closet Cold Pool Analogs: 2013 and 1960

The Cold pool in the Pacific promotes cold Febs and Marches in the two cases where it was strongest, with March being the coldest of the 2

The cold pool, for the east is your foe early, friend late!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO! Last second donation call for desperate Carolinians!!! Only the greatest stretch of winter in the history of the world! Keep em paying through March! Genius! :(

8 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO! Last second donation call for desperate Carolinians!!! Only the greatest stretch of winter in the history of the world! Keep em paying through March! Genius! :(

I hope the 9th and 10th storm pans out, we're due to see some snow, tired of this winter, I'm ready for this weather in April or May not Jan. and Feb.....  We're Due Man.

The 0z GFS out in ridiculous land illustrates how we can salvage the 2nd half of February.  The positive PNA sustains itself for the bulk of the run, pumping a nice ridge in the west.  This extends up into the EPO space and allows the flow to come out of the arctic.  It also blocks the parade of systems out on the north Pacific, which essentially pinwheel around.  Blocking over the Pole has developed, resulting in a strongly negative AO.  This allows the PV to regenerate in eastern Canada.  The 6z GEFS somewhat agrees with this.  The 0z GEFS and GEPS have a bit of a different look.  But if we do move in this direction, I'd expect the last half of the month to feature a chance or two of a winter storm in the SE.

gfs_z500_mslp_nhem_53.png

The 6z GFS looks awful.  As far as the indexes go, the AO looks to drop fairly negative, the NAO looks to remain positive, maybe diving toward neutral near the end of the run, and the PNA looks to go fairly strongly positive.  The MJO is forecast to go strongly into Phase 8, which is good for cold in the east.  So all in all, not a bad look.  Hopefully, the EPS is starting to step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

I never paid much attention to what he said when I had WB access but this is bordering on stupid.  He picks two extreme Feb/March winters as his justification that winter will turn.  Meanwhile we will have a lot of work to do to turn Feb around, already in a big hole and it's been 2 days.  

IMG_4116.PNG

Don't lose heart, Pack.  We still have strong Phase 8 coming.

On a side note, my member title had SHOW, not SNOW, Shields Activated.  I am ashamed to say that this little mistake has likely been the culprit behind this disastrous winter.  The issue has been repaired, and snow shields are now operating at full strength.  It's time to get ready for cold and winter weather as we close out the season.  Thanks to Mrdaddyman for saving what's left of the winter!

Now, watch the 12z Euro show a snowstorm today.  Get ready.

21 minutes ago, packbacker said:

I never paid much attention to what he said when I had WB access but this is bordering on stupid.  He picks two extreme Feb/March winters as his justification that winter will turn.  Meanwhile we will have a lot of work to do to turn Feb around, already in a big hole and it's been 2 days.  

IMG_4116.PNG

Go watch his video! He shows anal logs for his 13 and 60 comparisons! His Jan/Feb maps preceding were torchy, like a map you would post! You know how we feel about anallogs!

43 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

namconus_ref_frzn_us_39.png

Run still coming in, but the Nam is determined to get precip in on the 5th 

I think we're grasping for straws that aren't there.  I would have thought by now we would of had another snowstorm move in but it just isn't happening. not even a fantasy storm 10 days from now. 

44 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Go watch his video! He shows anal logs for his 13 and 60 comparisons! His Jan/Feb maps preceding were torchy, like a map you would post! You know how we feel about anallogs!

LOL...I can't anymore, I gave up WB.  I can only imagine what he says. 

Archived