joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadian has a low off the VA Capes at day 7, too warm though.  The big 3 global ops have the Vort in question, its the tail end of the low that goes up through SE Canada day 5 and ejects out of the PAC NW around day 5 also.  The handling of the day 5 system in SE Canada differs, GFS takes a more classic 50/50 whereas the GEM / EC retrograde it back over the Hudson Bay.

3 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

The GEPS is a pretty good model, right?

gem-ens_T850a_namer_65.png

Unless something's way wrong with all the modeling, the D7 "storm" maybe be our last shot for a while.  Last night's 0z GFS was starting to look pretty decent in the LR, but nothing is following that look this afternoon.  Oh well.

What I was thinking...this could be our last chance.  Ph8 may deliver a PAC low but doesn't look promising for cold.   

6 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

The GEPS is a pretty good model, right?

gem-ens_T850a_namer_65.png

Unless something's way wrong with all the modeling, the D7 "storm" maybe be our last shot for a while.  Last night's 0z GFS was starting to look pretty decent in the LR, but nothing is following that look this afternoon.  Oh well.

With a look like that we shouldn't feel bad.  We are all equally screwed top to bottom north south east west. Time to pour a drink and just laugh.

15 minutes ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

All are frying except for Southern Mexico ,Key West and Bahama's. 

I was in Key West for work this week.  It's was a chilly 82.  Sometimes I think life would be easier if there was no expectation of snow or anything frozen except a margarita.

3 minutes ago, weathertree4u said:

I never thought I would live to see a Winter worse than 2011/2012 but here we are lol!

Just now, BristowWx said:

I was in Key West for work this week.  It's was a chilly 82.  Sometimes I think life would be easier if there was no expectation of snow or anything frozen except a margarita.

I agree, if it isn't going to snow guys I'm ready for spring big time, today has been a bone chilling 41 but feels like 21, come on spring if it isn't going to snow.

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I think it would suck to live anywhere where there is no chance of snow, like Florida! I may as well live in Florida as sucktastic as winters can and are here! But atleast there's a chance! Not sure it would be fun to live in a slam dunk snow place like Maine, but I'd be willing to give the latter a chance, if given the opportunity!

3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I think it would suck to live anywhere where there is no chance of snow, like Florida! I may as well live in Florida as sucktastic as winters can and are here! But atleast there's a chance! Not sure it would be fun to live in a slam dunk snow place like Maine, but I'd be willing to give the latter a chance, if given the opportunity!

Yeah I agree.  People in Caribou don't often have to check 850s unless it's April.  They get more snow in November than most of us get all winter.  They probably hope for rain in January just to shake things up.

3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

no if I lived in Maine I wouldn't enjoy the snow like I do now, that would be oh no not another snowstorm but where we live a snowstorm or two is usually welcome but hell we can't get some decent chances hardly anymore, use to at least get two or three anyway.

11 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

5 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I was just thinking to myself life would be better in the winter if we lived in a locale that had minimal chance of snow...well do I really have to say it.

Archived