Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 17th snow/sleet/frz rain Obs

dmillz25

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It was definitely nice to see. I haven't seen falling snow since before I moved to TX which was 2 years ago now. 

Dang you missed the historic one last January then.  I measured 32" in that one (and 28" on the ground at the end of the event).  JFK even had a 3" liquid equivalent lol (all snow!) Never in my life did I think I'd ever see a 30" storm in SW Nassau lol.  I think that was the first jackpot for this area since Feb 2003.  I filled up two 32 GB camera cards with pictures and videos of that one, it snowed for abut a day and a half and looked like it just didn't want to end.

4 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Dang you missed the historic one last January then.  I measured 32" in that one (and 28" on the ground at the end of the event).  JFK even had a 3" liquid equivalent lol (all snow!) Never in my life did I think I'd ever see a 30" storm in SW Nassau lol.  I think that was the first jackpot for this area since Feb 2003.  I filled up two 32 GB camera cards with pictures and videos of that one, it snowed for abut a day and a half and looked like it just didn't want to end.

Yeah... let's just say I'm bummed I missed that one. :lol:

Looking at pics from around town then definitely makes me think it was over 2 feet. And the boardwalk was epic with the wind and heavy snow.

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Looking at pics from around town then definitely makes me think it was over 2 feet. And the boardwalk was epic with the wind and heavy snow.

That might be the biggest one we'll see for many decades, though with the crazy extremes we've been having who knows.

10 minutes ago, Paragon said:

(Mumbles bitterly...)

-ZR but 31 now so we should be plain rain soon.

15 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I drove around afterwards and I think the jackpot was eastern Queens/ western Nassau, once you got east of about Oceanside the totals started to drop a bit (but still a bit over 2 feet.)  JFK was just located in the ideal spot to measure 30"- though parts of Queens did measure 34".  I still wouldn't have believed it but for that crazy 3" liquid equivalent lol

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

That was one of the all time greats around here. Just an epic tropical moisture feed wrapping back into the cold air.

mosaic20160123T120000.gif

Archived