Dec 17th snow/sleet/frz rain Obs

dmillz25

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I think city and western LI should be bumped to 3-6" 

10 minutes ago, snywx said:

Good call on that 5-7" up here. 6" amounts will be widespread. 

Still heavy snow here

I've always thought city was 3-6 burbs 4-6+, it's reall a shame we dry slot up here tho, plenty of cold air still

ripping snow currently 5.3 OTG

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I'd say 3.2" is about right, I measured a hair over 3" after the snow flipped over. 

That last pic makes it look like it was a bit more than that lol.  Either way this was a nice storm.  Don't see too many 3-5 inch storms anymore.  It's usually either a 1 inch or under or something big.

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

That last pic makes it look like it was a bit more than that lol.  Either way this was a nice storm.  Don't see too many 3-5 inch storms anymore.  It's usually either a 1 inch or under or something big.

It was definitely nice to see. I haven't seen falling snow since before I moved to TX which was 2 years ago now. 

3 minutes ago, snywx said:

Medic

Oh OK, thanks for your service. I am a teacher at a NYC charter school in the Bronx so we both are public servants in a sense.

Be careful driving, the roads in Hunts Pt and Pelham Bay, the two places I've been today, are horrible. And to top it off, we are getting ZR.

Isn't that commute a little long (and expensive w gas and tolls)?

2 minutes ago, nzucker said:

Oh OK, thanks for your service. I am a teacher at a NYC charter school in the Bronx so we both are public servants in a sense.

Be careful driving, the roads in Hunts Pt and Pelham Bay, the two places I've been today, are horrible. And to top it off, we are getting ZR.

Isn't that commute a little long (and expensive w gas and tolls)?

Mutuals brother. We only work 3 days a week plus my commute is alot cheaper/shorter than my brothers & sisters who commute from out east. Also have myself a commuter car so gas is never an issue. 

Archived