joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 15-18 Arctic Front/Snow Thump/Meltdown to the Border

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the guidance has a pretty nasty CF on Saturday morning...man, there could be some good enhancement for those just on the west side of it for a time....and the models almost always underplay the CF temp gradient too...the fact they are showing a good gradient means we could get something like 12-15F across a few miles in reality.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Brian you really need a snow stake in camera view

Yeah I know. Home Depot has some cheap wooden child height measuring boards that would look nice all painted up with black numerics. Only $7 on clearance in Tilton.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kids-Growth-Chart-Stick-67128/205321898

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pickup trucks and SUVs going 70mph in the snow.....

So many morons out there, lol.

It's pretty bad how impatient people are. I drive in the snow quite a bit...I just go over to the right and have a chill ride home, while the guy in the Ford F150 spirals into a ditch.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

All of the guidance has a pretty nasty CF on Saturday morning...man, there could be some good enhancement for those just on the west side of it for a time....and the models almost always underplay the CF temp gradient too...the fact they are showing a good gradient means we could get something like 12-15F across a few miles in reality.

Kind of 12/16/07 with a different final evolution.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That was a good evolution that ended white . 

This is good gone bad and white gone green 

If some kind of insane solution gave us 12 inches, even the warm up wouldn't wipe it all out. It would just pack down to 2-3 inches of slush and freeze up on Sunday night. Not saying the extreme situation will happen. Probably 3-5 max (around here) and washed away by Sunday PM. So what, been there done that how many times in my 60 years? I remember this sort of thing all the way back as far as I can go in terms of being a weather buff (which goes back to when I was about 8 years old). Its just what happens here on a fairly regular basis in many (even most) winters.

The some of the squalls coming through South/Central NH are wicked intense.  Doesn't last long.  Sun is back out here.   Temp 14.5F   I am hoping for another squall line to form with the true arctic front later.   I actually went through a weak part of the line but still brief blizzard type conditions.  Only got perhaps 1/4", impossible to know with the wind.  Hope it holds together for you folks further south,  they are fun as long as your not on the highway.  Good thing is that its so cold the snow just blows across the pavement.  It's worse with a situation when the squalls start in the upper 30's with wet roads and then flash freezes.

Looking at the rough products I can easily see Ray limiting his time of torch-heck even me while south of the pike gets obliterated.  Once we mix out everyone warms but I bet many end up with net gain given the seal in potential of the tuck.  MOS keeps BOS within 1-2 of freezing until well past dark.

Archived