joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 15-18 Arctic Front/Snow Thump/Meltdown to the Border

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like there are two very distinct windows for wind today/tonight. The first this afternoon looks more evenly distributed across the region, but there is a nice isallobaric couplet crossing SNE.

The second one tonight with the Arctic front looks to have the greatest potential wind. It will have the trop fold, the CAA, and an even stronger isallobaric couplet. This one is more focused across CNE, slicing through the Dacks, across southern VT and NH. NAM vs. the GFS for your viewing pleasure.

deltaP.jpeg

deltaP_GFS.jpeg

Go NAM go!

Nice to see the HWW up as things stayed the same overnight. going to be a wild night..particularly CNE on south

Great blog from Ryan on the next few days

New blog post on 72 hours of Arctic excitement moving in. Cold, wind, snow squalls and a winter storm. http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/weather/stories/Arctic-Blast-with-Damaging-Wind-Cold-and-Snow-406657345.html  #nbcct

CzruUWIXcAAO3F2.jpg

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like bOX toned wind down to more typical 50-60. 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah.  I noticed that.   Still a good event but less impressive

All is right with the world.

And the odd part is the forecast models didn't really change at all. :ph34r:

Of course there is still time today to ramp things back up. But Dave I would say you're in a good spot for that PV induced wind max.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What did your boy Babcock say in chat?

One of Bill Babcock's all timer lines in an AFD right after NGM snowed a blizzard for sne in the near term that was previously not even remotely considered is something like .."for those of you who had an accident after viewing the NGM it is probably convective feedback"....this was in the late 90s some time.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

One of Bill Babcock's all timer lines in an AFD right after NGM snowed a blizzard for sne in the near term that was previously not even remotely considered is something like .."for those of you who had an accident after viewing the NGM it is probably convective feedback"....this was in the late 90s some time.

LOL..classic.. I knew Chris wouldn't answer me

Archived