Newest Member
    joxey
EPA/NJ/DE General Winter Discussions

ChescoWx

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shemATC said:

If you look closely it extends across the Philadelphia border into western Bucks county.  I live on the western edge of Langhorne which is only 3 miles from the border. So no it's not a bullseye on my house, but close enough.

You're right, I'm getting old or something.  I didn't realize how west "we" are ☺.

ECM the lone survivor in the 0z OP runs for a good wave #3 8-12"

The GEFS maintained the signal

0z Ukie wasn't bad at all. Don't have precip maps but all levels I've seen imply a decent hit...maybe a shade East for my liking but not a bad spot to be at this range.

6z GFS bumped up Tuesday's event. Looks like 5-10". More importantly at this range, 500mb looks better....a little more Southern stream involvement, deeper trof/amplification, close to closing off at 500mb earlier with negative tilt.

You'd probably make the news.

Lucy doesnt like these threats I've made against her apparently. Its like when the bully takes your lunch money every day and finally you snap and start pushing back. She might be caving? She needs to be careful still....I'm all-in and running full speed ahead to kick the field goal but my crosshairs are currently on her head and not the ball. She still has time to redeem herself. Let's see what happens tomorrow with our 'event'. As of now, I'm fed up with her antics and am not taking it anymore! ;-)

Just want to throw out there a statement I made a few days ago regarding tomorrow's event. There is the possibility that tomorrow is the top 1 or 2 event of the season so far for some in this subforum. Nothing is ever a guarantee. If it snows and sticks tomorrow, savor every second. Next week is nowhere near a lock and this could be the actual last gasp when all is said and done. Next week looks intriguing but there is just too much that can go wrong and those factors far outweigh the positives at this range imo. Miller B's always screw a region and there is still the chance this is also N stream dominant and anything that develops could be too far E and late for us. One system at a time :-)

Many people think of the summer as the fire season, but in this area March/April - till it greens up is the biggest time,  (unless there is a significant drought as in 1999.)

Today is one of those days.

...INCREASED FIRE DANGER TODAY...

There is an elevated threat for the spread of wildfires today
across eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and eastern
Maryland. The fire weather threat is due to a combination of
gusty winds and dry conditions.

Westerly winds between 15 to 20 MPH today will gust frequently
between 25 to 30 mph today. Relative humidity values are already
at or below 30 percent early this morning. The relative humidity
may fall into the lower 20s or even teens later this morning and
afternoon. These conditions combined with dry fine fuels, such as
dead leaves and grasses, will increase the risk for rapid fire
spread. Outdoor burning is highly discouraged today.

18 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

As in "learning to fly" in case Ralph jumps off the Comcast bldg.?

Man...that's harsh...lol. Let's all hope for the best.No jumping...

I'm more of a "The Wall" "Meddle" "Wish you were here" kinda guy..All things w/David and Roger are good...

63.8F/Gusty...

1 minute ago, shemATC said:

With Friday improving, if the universe will let me bank half of what is currently projected for Tuesday, I'd take that deal right now.

Also, for anyone who hasn't ventured over, the MA Forum "Panic Room" might be the most hilarious thread ever.  

It always is....

13 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

...... If we go 0 for 4, not only am I hijacking Lucy and tossing her from the top of the Comcast building in center city....I may follow right behind her.

27 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Man...that's harsh...lol. Let's all hope for the best.No jumping...

LOL....just looking out for a fellow board member!!

Archived