Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
EPA/NJ/DE General Winter Discussions

ChescoWx

5 minutes ago, Newman said:

What kind of temperatures are we looking at? Are lows below 0? If this goes suppressed south, which it probably will, lower Virginia will have one historic winter, snowfall wise and we will be left in the dust. 

Best guestimate looking at the 850 charts? 0 to -5

Real funny I been telling everybody the worst of winter cold is now over...oops

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Newman said:

What kind of temperatures are we looking at? Are lows below 0? If this goes suppressed south, which it probably will, lower Virginia will have one historic winter, snowfall wise and we will be left in the dust. 

Just like I said in a previous thought cold and dry them mild and wet. I hate that crap it annoys the ever lovin crap outta me. anyway I'm somewhat optimistic this will come North at some  point ,the models have been overplaying suppression somewhat, as the system gets closer and onshore things will begin to change we've seen all season haven't we.

1 hour ago, Newman said:

I agree. I'll take a cold, cirrus filled day over a 37 degree, cold rain one. Those are painful.

Agreed, I'll never forget that day April 4th, 2001: my first day on the T-ball field at the Oley Valley Youth League. It was cold, winding, drizzling and BRRRRR.... lovely feeling when the ball hit your glove. 

Ugly. The South trend continues for Sunday system. Went from a New England storm, to a Philly storm, to a DCA storm, to an historic VA/NC storm. How low can she go? Where is the dang mid March climatological Northward jump when u need it? Friday might wind up being the bigger deal for the region when all is said and done?

It's going to be squashed to death deep south is my take, the unfortunate MA crew are going to be left with light snow flurries by the time it's done. If I were Lucy I would get into witness protection pronto.

She's going off a bridge....I swear. And I completely agree with you. Confluence may rip this to shreds and leave a strung out mess in the Southeast. Would fit the seasonal trend with this setup if Im not mistaken.

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GFS and NAM both in line now for a decent hit across much of the region Friday. Forget Sunday, for now......one system at a time. Friday could be the top 1 or 2 event of the season for some here. Under 3 days.

Yup. As of hour 114, extrapolating out from there, it still looks like a VA hit for wave #2...

Classic Miller B central/eastern PA screw zone with wave/storm #2. It comes out of the midwest with just enough curve to get southwestern PA pretty good, then redevelops and hammers southern Virginia while leaving locations north of I-78 pretty much "high and dry"...

Classic Miller B central/eastern PA screw zone with wave/storm #2. It comes out of the midwest with just enough curve to get southwestern PA pretty good, then redevelops and hammers southern Virginia while leaving locations north of I-78 pretty much "high and dry"...

Makes sense. We've seen this 2 or 3 times at least already this season. Lets hope Friday can overperform. Looks like precip is mostly overnight and early AM so that helps this time of year. Not sure how it will impact the morning commute, ie, will it just be wet roads or will heavier rates overcome warmish surface temps and make things slick? I'm smelling hints of a 2-hour school delay for the kids but low confidence at this point. 1-3" seems like a decent bet on grass and cars. *Maybe* some spots can eek out 2-4"?

lol major suppression when the ensembles are showing a slightly positive NAO regime. usually we d be worrying about it trending too far north...but only in this winter will it be majorly suppressed and a major storm will miss to the south... bring back the 60 and 70 degree weather to stay please. this winter is cursed, we just need it to be gone for good.

16 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

lol major suppression when the ensembles are showing a slightly positive NAO regime. usually we d be worrying about it trending too far north...but only in this winter will it be majorly suppressed and a major storm will miss to the south... bring back the 60 and 70 degree weather to stay please. this winter is cursed, we just need it to be gone for good.

I was kinda hopeful by now the models would've been trying to catch on to something and start the North trend by now, but it looks like this dreadful winter just keeps on going. anything under 6" this time of the year is just not worth it.... IMO  

Archived