Newest Member
    joxey
EPA/NJ/DE General Winter Discussions

ChescoWx

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Disaster run for Friday but would imply a much farther North Sunday system? Not sure I buy it. See what GFS and CMC do. If we somehow get shutout from all 3 systems, Lucy had better find a safe zone.

This is becoming more humorous with each fail, any perturbation possible that results in no snow is the only option. Not that it matters though because it's like...spring. Friday was gone to the south 36 hours ago.

This is becoming more humorous with each fail, any perturbation possible that results in no snow is the only option. Not that it matters though because it's like...spring. Friday was gone to the south 36 hours ago.

If its one thing we've done well this winter, it is fail. We may be the best region in terms of failing this winter, so we have that going for us. The MA forum is good at fail storms too but that is an annual thing for them...they are sort of accustomed to missing. It is built into their climatology. This season has been a special sort of fail for us up here. Unchartered territory type thing.

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

If its one thing we've done well this winter, it is fail. We may be the best region in terms of failing this winter, so we have that going for us. The MA forum is good at fail storms too but that is an annual thing for them...they are sort of accustomed to missing. It is built into their climatology. This season has been a special sort of fail for us up here. Unchartered territory type thing.

Agreed we are holding the #1 spot for fail. But going even further for this forum coming in locally at a lowly 9" for the season is 22" below average, nobody else can say that. I got the double fail going for me, so there's that.

Next Tuesday is a true thread the needle for SE PA. We will fail almost assuredly. This has far interior elevation snow written all over it. Almost every model has the slp right on the coast. Need a 50-75 bump east. Plenty of time but these have verified West all season. I will not be sucked back in. Dont do it guys....save yourselves! Remember our motto here this season....when others find ways to win and snow, we find ways to fail and blow.

Steven Dimartino on twitter is saying this will be a New England storm and I will have to agree with him. Either the storm will cutoff too soon and give us rain while NY and New England gets snow or the northern stream energy will phase/transfer too far north with the southern stream energy, giving New York City and north a blizzard. I hope I'm wrong and we get pounded with heavy snow, but what happened to the storm that was supposed to happen this Sunday? Yeah, don't get too invested until this is 72-60 hours out.

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Next Tuesday is a true thread the needle for SE PA. We will fail almost assuredly. This has far interior elevation snow written all over it. Almost every model has the slp right on the coast. Need a 50-75 bump east. Plenty of time but these have verified West all season. I will not be sucked back in. Dont do it guys....save yourselves! Remember our motto here this season....when others find ways to win and snow, we find ways to fail and blow.

I'm far more concerned about a Miller B screw job and SNE special than a storm too close to the coast. 

Archived