Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, metagraphica said:

I read that this morning.  I remember seeing the ship as a kid and then seeing it on its side after the blizzard.  I didn't realize a chunk was still sitting in the harbor

Very cool

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I will try to wash it tomorrow.  Today involved headlamp replacement, then McGuyvering a way to re-attach a plastic shroud that came loose beneath the engine and was dragging.

now it makes a funny noise...

Hope it is fixed lol

The salt they use these days is absolutely brutal on vehicles. It's mind boggling people don't care and ride around in it lol

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What? I like driving in super clean vehicles. Nothing like a beautifully clean and shined truck or SUV or car. Just gives you a good feeling .

Doesn't last long this time of year.   I washed mine a few weeks ago (not the way you do it, just an automatic one).  That was good for about a week.   My car now is nasty

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Hope it is fixed lol

The salt they use these days is absolutely brutal on vehicles. It's mind boggling people don't care and ride around in it lol

This issue wasn't salt related...plastic piece broke from hitting something I guess.   Modern cars don't rust like they used to, despite increase in salt

Please wash your whips when spring officially turns. You dont have ocd every spec but Nothing worse than vehicles riding wrong in 70 degree spring crispness like they just got salt bombed last night, when the fact is the last snowfall was a month ago. Dont have your fokt up bubbled tinted windows open pumping Drake in a dirty a$$ honda accord, nobody cares about you that much.... but we will laugh at how hit your car looks, you trying too hard in the wrong places. 

I usually like a good mid-winter wash with an underwash to get the salt off. Then I wait until the snow is done and we get a nice rainstorm before washing it again. I always laugh at people coming out of the car wash in January during a 45F afternoon asthey drive right into puddles of mud and salt. What a stupid waste.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I will try to wash it tomorrow.  Today involved headlamp replacement, then McGuyvering a way to re-attach a plastic shroud that came loose beneath the engine and was dragging.

now it makes a funny noise...

When i had my first car.... a metal coat hanger was my solution to everything lose under my car lol. One of those bad boys even held my exhaust up for the longest time. I knew it had rusted through when I heard a thud and dragging on the road.

My car has a lose heat shield right now and every year or so I just connect a couple of hose clamps and the rattling stops. Next time the hose clamps rust through... I'm just tearing it off

56 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But what do you use as a protective? You should see water beading up off the paint , not running off of it like sweat down your back 

Is JFK still in office? They all have protective clear coats applied to them now. I think the paint job will outlive the vehicle. Once in a blue moon I go through an automatic wash and that has the wax sequence anyways. I'd rather spend my free time doing something other than waxing my truck.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I did laugh at that one  not really knowing you but knowing you from our decade of interaction. 

It's funny because I'm whatever the opposite of a hoarder is called. My house legitimately looks like it's been staged for a real estate photo shoot. It's mostly since cleaning is how I make a living. Every time I think about buying some random knickknack, my first thought is "Do I really feel like cleaning/dusting this 6 times a year?"

1 minute ago, eekuasepinniW said:

It's funny because I'm whatever the opposite of a hoarder is called. My house legitimately looks like it's been staged for a real estate photo shoot. It's mostly since cleaning is how I make a living. Every time I think about buying some random knickknack, my first thought is "Do I really feel like cleaning/dusting this 6 times a year?"

Minimalist

8 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Ha, now you went to the other extreme. Thats really your first thought? 

13 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pumped for golf season, goal is to get my handicap down in the 7-9 range from 12. Ill take more snow but the nuisance variety just delays the drying of courses and gets in my way to stardom. 

11.5 currently. I have a few vulnerable scores I can kick out early in the season and my two rounds in the 70s came late, so if I come out firing I might be able to sneak into the single digits. I just want to do it so I can say I was a single digit handicapper once. 

Before buying a house and having kids turns me into an adult. 

29 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I collect things that are useful in life or that are fun and interesting.  

Constant organizing and cleaning isn't our thing but I fully respect people who need that to keep sanity in their lives.  Our household is generally clean but certainly not always neat. 

Archived