Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Midlo Snow Maker

Mid Atlantic Snow totals thread for winter 2016/17

173 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, mappy said:

Hi guys -- so these are the totals that I have. Please confirm if they are correct for you. If you do not see your name, means I have nothing for you. 

Many thanks!

Capture.JPG

Mine is 12 1/8.  I'm confused by this table.  Were you using this thread for totals?  Mine were updated last week.  Did I do something wrong?

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Mine is 12 1/8.  I'm confused by this table.  Were you using this thread for totals?  Mine were updated last week.  Did I do something wrong?

nope. i realized once i got the data into GIS i had a very low number for you and went back to look. Seems i skipped right over it when i was updating. I got you now :)

I also had to hunt down @clskinsfanand his signature for his updated total because i had a low one for him too. ;) 

4 hours ago, mappy said:

Thanks @wxtrix and @dallen7908

@Cashtown_Coop -- I have you already as you are a COOP and I pull that info online. Can't promise the view will stay the same as I posted yesterday. Could be similar to last year and you may not make the cut.

I pulled data from all surrounding states, so I've got coverage. If it is posted on CWG again (looking like it will be) we try to keep the view closer in. However, I am okay with making another version, that is more zoomed out for folks who don't quite make it into the main map view. :) 

If you wish, you can throw me into the mix as well. Roughly 15 inches. Looks as if your map is already spot on for me though.

30 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

If you wish, you can throw me into the mix as well. Roughly 15 inches. Looks as if your map is already spot on for me though.

I'll add you to the list, you should fall in the view just fine :) 

4 hours ago, mappy said:

nope. i realized once i got the data into GIS i had a very low number for you and went back to look. Seems i skipped right over it when i was updating. I got you now :)

I also had to hunt down @clskinsfanand his signature for his updated total because i had a low one for him too. ;) 

Mine's a little off too.  13.3" rather than the 3.3" listed in the spreadsheet.  NBD as the prelim map has it covered.  Thanks for all your work on this.

Mine's a little off too.  13.3" rather than the 3.3" listed in the spreadsheet.  NBD as the prelim map has it covered.  Thanks for all your work on this.

I updated yours today too when I saw it was low. Had to backtrack a bit in the thread to find it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/19/2017 at 8:31 AM, Fozz said:

I'll have to figure out how much snow I got before March 10, but it has to be around 2-2.5".

As far as the rest....

3/10: 1.1"

3/14: 5.5"

3/19: 1.6"

Hey mappy, it turns out that a COOP in Towson recorded 2.6" before March 10. Since it's not exactly where I am, the total may be off by about half an inch or so, but it can't be that far off. If I use that number, that would make my total around 10.8", +/- 0.5".

If that margin of error is acceptable to you, then you can go ahead and add that to your map. If not, you can leave it out.

OK MoCo and NOVA people -- need your help. I have a few lower points (3.8 Leesburg, 4.5 Poolesville, 4.3 Gaithersburg, 3.8 Olney all CoCoRaHs stations) that I need to confirm whether these are correct or not. There are quite a few points around it that are 5+ so these four points are introducing the darker green. Can someone please confirm, or deny, that these locations are correct? Otherwise, I'm removing them. 

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

12 hours ago, mappy said:

Thanks, Fozz. I'll put it in and see what it looks like.

Hey, I saw your post in the obs thread. I'm guilty of not keeping up with measurements this year. I can give you ballpark numbers....maybe it'll help with validation or smoothing out the numbers. That said, the number I had at my house was approx. 4" and my folks had somewhere around 13-15". Wish I had better numbers to give :(

6 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Hey, I saw your post in the obs thread. I'm guilty of not keeping up with measurements this year. I can give you ballpark numbers....maybe it'll help with validation or smoothing out the numbers. That said, the number I had at my house was approx. 4" and my folks had somewhere around 13-15". Wish I had better numbers to give :(

No worries! I was more concerned about your parents, as AA county is pretty evenly covered (your 4" fits in fine). 

The Hereford Zone is a pain. As my location is the only one I have confirmed totals for, and right now it seems low compared to surrounding areas. If 13-15" is what your parents got, then mine is definitely low, as I only have 12.5". Of course I could have missed something somewhere, but I'm usually pretty good at least with getting totals from others areas to give me an idea of what I may have gotten while not at home. . 

Either way -- thanks! 

2 hours ago, mappy said:

OK MoCo and NOVA people -- need your help. I have a few lower points (3.8 Leesburg, 4.5 Poolesville, 4.3 Gaithersburg, 3.8 Olney all CoCoRaHs stations) that I need to confirm whether these are correct or not. There are quite a few points around it that are 5+ so these four points are introducing the darker green. Can someone please confirm, or deny, that these locations are correct? Otherwise, I'm removing them. 

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

What is the identifier for the 3.8" location?  I assume you've kicked out VA-LD-26 and VA-LD-17.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:41 AM, mappy said:

Hi guys -- so these are the totals that I have. Please confirm if they are correct for you. If you do not see your name, means I have nothing for you. 

Many thanks!

Capture.JPG

Hey Katie...kurtstack may have taken a seasonal hiatus and isn't going to respond, but I'm positive that his totals would be almost identical to mine and yoda's. My guess is that you don't have his totals after Sleetfest17. In that case, you may want to drop his total if it wonks up your final map.

4 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

What is the identifier for the 3.8" location?  I assume you've kicked out VA-LD-26 and VA-LD-17.

Looks like its LD-17. Should I toss it? 

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Hey Katie...kurtstack may have taken a seasonal hiatus and isn't going to respond, but I'm positive that his totals would be almost identical to mine and yoda's. My guess is that you don't have his totals after Sleetfest17. In that case, you may want to drop his total if it wonks up your final map.

Thanks, Mattie. If he is similar to you two, then his area is covered pretty good. Appreciate the heads up.