• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Poll: Do you like weather that is cold or very cold in the winter, with no snow / wintry precipitation?

griteater

Do you like weather that is cold or very cold in the winter, with no snow / wintry precipitation?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like weather that is cold or very cold in the winter, with no snow / wintry precipitation?

• Yes, I like it when it is cold or very cold in the winter, even if there is no snow or wintry precipitation
    • No, I only like it cold if it is going to snow / cold without precipitation is a waste

5 minutes ago, jshetley said:

It may be a novelty, but getting to below 0 in ATL, GSP, or CLT would be a disaster with people killed and possibly millions without power if the grid failed. 

Well, that's ridiculous and blocking you, just for the sheer stupidity of that post.

1 hour ago, jshetley said:

It may be a novelty, but getting to below 0 in ATL, GSP, or CLT would be a disaster with people killed and possibly millions without power if the grid failed. 

That is just ridiculous. The grid is not going to fail because it gets below zero since it has been below zero in each of those cities before. People may die, most likely homeless or the elderly but it won't be a disaster.

4 hours ago, jshetley said:

Below 0 is absolutely useless. It doesn't need to ever go below 20 anywhere outside of the mountains in the southeast.

Guessing you never experienced your nostrils freezing walking to your car for work. -4 last year and extremely dry. Got to see boiling water evap before hitting the ground. Plumbers delight too in the south-east working overtime with pipes freezing. Plus it's nice having the ground truly frozen so when its a thunderstorm 32+ degrees you can still have ice in the CAD regions (last February). 

6 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

Guessing you never experienced your nostrils freezing walking to your car for work. -4 last year and extremely dry. Got to see boiling water evap before hitting the ground. Plumbers delight too in the south-east working overtime with pipes freezing. Plus it's nice having the ground truly frozen so when its a thunderstorm 32+ degrees you can still have ice in the CAD regions (last February). 

Yep, that was pretty amazing. We here in the CAD areas can have some truly weird weather.

12 hours ago, lookingnorth said:

In winter I rank things this way: cold & snowy>cold & dry>warm & rainy>warm & dry. I'd rather it be colder than average even if it doesn't snow. I don't get too cold unless it's below 15, and I'm sure I'd do well in even colder temperatures with better clothing.

I second this!!  I would add average&wet and average&dry.  I would rather it be 50 F and gray and rainy than 65 F and sunny in the winter.

Archived