joxey
November Obs and Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

39.6.  First 30s of the season.

Only got to 39 here, but frost on the windshield. We usually radiate OK - and it seems I'm about 4-5F lower than you on these kinds of nights - so it was a little surprising not to have gotten lower given the other local obs.

33 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Only got to 39 here, but frost on the windshield. We usually radiate OK - and it seems I'm about 4-5F lower than you on these kinds of nights - so it was a little surprising not to have gotten lower given the other local obs.

That is interesting.  Even more spotty than normal - IAD got 34 but Manassas was at least 30.

8 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Fairfax County just scheduled the first vacuum leaf pickup for my neighborhood on Nov. 22nd.  Last year it was Nov. 5th. 

LOL, would they be interested in dropping the truck off here for a day or two? Sheesh leaves are deep in the yard! Know what I'm doing next couple of days.........

39 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Fairfax County just scheduled the first vacuum leaf pickup for my neighborhood on Nov. 22nd.  Last year it was Nov. 5th. 

We don't have vacuum pickup in my area, and I've already had to clean up twice.

Fairfax County yuppies will be parked on their lawns...

21 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Neat.  Maybe you can't answer this, but I'm assuming that if you live in any of those areas, you pay a fee whether you take advantage of the service or not.  Also, just single family homes?

Edit:  Never mind. I found the county link and it explains the cost and it seems pretty reasonable to me.  I'd certainly opt for it.

Got down to 28.9 at around 5am.  First below 30F night.  lowest so far was 31.3.  I don't know why I am so excited about this as its November but there isn't much else weather wise to get excited about.  I just hope Thanksgiving is below 60F for the high.  I would consider that a win and anything better would be gravy

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived