Newest Member
    Dano62
November Obs and Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Enjoying more of this payback for what was stolen from us in May. More please.

I like the way you think!

Seriously, though...it's not going to snow, so what's the point of being cold now? As long as nights are comfortable, warm days are more than welcome in my corner of Burke.

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

I saw NWS Nashville do something like this for Nashville (https://twitter.com/NWSNashville/status/793943136284217344) and I wanted to see how CHO would stack up. I was kind of surprised to see the 90s in second. I'd expect the percentages of 50/60/70/80 to be closer to 17-20% each, which is still possible with 59 days left in the year. Even then, it was a neat way of showing how warm we've been so far this year. Now that I have the excel spreadsheet all set up, it will be plug and chug for the rest of the year. :)

2016 High Temperature Percent of Days Nov 2 2016.png

11 minutes ago, WxReese said:

I saw NWS Nashville do something like this for Nashville (https://twitter.com/NWSNashville/status/793943136284217344) and I wanted to see how CHO would stack up. I was kind of surprised to see the 90s in second. I'd expect the percentages of 50/60/70/80 to be closer to 17-20% each, which is still possible with 59 days left in the year. Even then, it was a neat way of showing how warm we've been so far this year. Now that I have the excel spreadsheet all set up, it will be plug and chug for the rest of the year. :)

2016 High Temperature Percent of Days Nov 2 2016.png

I know we still have two (supposedly) cool/cold months left in year, but 1% and 4%?????? YUCK.

If I get a minute, I'll look at mine, but don't expect a pie chart lol.

2 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I know we still have two (supposedly) cool/cold months left in year, but 1% and 4%?????? YUCK.

If I get a minute, I'll look at mine, but don't expect a pie chart lol.

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah, CHO only has 16 days (3 in the 20s and 13 in the 30s) below 40°.

PS: I was bored at work between newscasts and decided to see how CHO stacked up. I don't expect anyone else to do this. haha! Though, I do have the spreadsheet if you want to type in all your highs (or lows). 

18 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

As much as I love heat, this stretch has been absolutely horrendous. 

Really, I don't find it horrendous in absolute terms (compared to summer), but I detest having to run A/C this late in the year, as well as mow, and I'm tired of repeatedly recording +20F temps w/o at least an occasional comparable value of BN.

Today is still AN, but it is a fantastic day.  I'd take this all month long until T-day, but just give me one or two 25F mornings.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived