Newest Member
    joxey
November Obs and Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob Chill said:

Not much ensemble support for the euro op solution. Much less than I was thinking after seeing the op hold for a couple runs. 

the Jan snow was an anomaly holding for as long as it did. We score best within 48 hours

21 minutes ago, H2O said:

6z GFS still not impressed

The 500's on the 06Z GEFS is actually showing a nice period of potential. For 6-7 days, starting at roughly day 8, it has a very nice setup. Even after that stretch it has possibilities though it would require some adjusting of the ridge and the east coast trough back to the west somewhat.

13 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

The 500's on the 06Z GEFS is actually showing a nice period of potential. For 6-7 days, starting at roughly day 8, it has a very nice setup. Even after that stretch it has possibilities though it would require some adjusting of the ridge and the east coast trough back to the west somewhat.

was speaking more to the event on Sat/Sun.  The pattern setting up is interesting for the next two weeks.  Fantasy land GFS bears watching

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

was speaking more to the event on Sat/Sun.  The pattern setting up is interesting for the next two weeks.  Fantasy land GFS bears watching

For what it's worth the CMC is still trying for Sun-Mon but the temps are just a touch to warm. Though the snow maps for it were fun to look at I never could really buy into this event. It was too convoluted with much that could go wrong. Now the upcoming stretch, IFFFF.... the 500's come close to verifying has me somewhat excited. Still early in the season but if we can get the temps to cooperate I wouldn't be surprised to see an event or 2 during that stretch.

52 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Does one have to have a ton of snow to buy into an event? It's the third week in November. Flakes in the air would be fun, can we get that?

Not sure why not believing the snowfall maps, which would have made it a noteworthy event this early in the season, is frowned upon by you. And yes, it would be nice to at least have some moodflakes in the air.

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

True, and I'm speaking blind.  I don't even know what the Euro shows.  I know the GFS doesn't look to promising, IMO, for anything other than maybe a few flakes flying around.

euro has some light precip overnight for the 95 west crew. flakes, maybe a dusting. nothing to shovel, but for mid-november, it's exciting. 

48 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Not sure why not believing the snowfall maps, which would have made it a noteworthy event this early in the season, is frowned upon by you. And yes, it would be nice to at least have some moodflakes in the air.

Does everything have to be pessimism? Who was believing snowfall maps from one run of the Euro six days out for a 3rd week in November thing verbatim? In any event, flakes in the air would be kinda cool. Maybe we can get that.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived