Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mriceyman said:

If only we were colder on a consistent basis would our pond hockey be better. Lights, friends, brews and puck.. cant get much better than that on a cold winter night. 

Played outside a lot growing up...several ponds near my house...in fact when it rained enough then got cold, had a small one right outside our side door. Also one year I built a rink in our backyard...dug down about a foot, added a liner etc. It was a lot of work so only did it that one time. Yeah played a lot of hockey growing up.

Just an update on the weather channel and why from 4-8pm we see this weird the weather channel new York instead of weather center live and weather underground.... 

Finally heard from them and there response was: 

They are doing a live show test for two weeks from 4p-8p. So Weather Underground will return next week.

5 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:

Just an update on the weather channel and why from 4-8pm we see this weird the weather channel new York instead of weather center live and weather underground.... 

They are doing a live show test for two weeks from 4p-8p. So Weather Underground will return next week.

I can honestly say, since the day I found weather boards...(started out on NYC metro) I have not once turned on the TWC, it's not what it used to be, political propaganda and ratings grabbers (storm stories) used to be 24/7 top notch analysis, esp during winter months. 

6 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I can honestly say, since the day I found weather boards...(started out on NYC metro) I have not once turned on the TWC, it's not what it used to be, political propaganda and ratings grabbers (storm stories) used to be 24/7 top notch analysis, esp during winter months. 

Ironically, from 4-8pm it's strictly traffic,weather for surrounding area, actually localized Jersey,NYC,Brooklyn,queens etc. including the normal local on the 8's and it kinda reminds me if what the channel used to be like. one guy talking about stories in the area NYC long island Jersey area only I think weather related. the ticker on bottom it's only about the area sports,news, weather traffic. so it's basically like news 12 weather traffic channel in a sense if you have optimum that is. in any event, friends from Texas etc aren't seeing this trial shop who really knows what's next,I did read that once anything program wise production was done etc things would be changing towards I think more weather stuff,this may be a little teaser if what's to come across the country..

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

TWC has gotten a lot better again over the past several years... it's hard to beat the expert analyses from Norcross, Niziol, Forbes, etc.

Also, Storm Stories was cool.

Yep but I still don't tune more than twice a month.  There has to be a large severe weather outbreak or a tropical system threatening the US for me to really pay attention.

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Yep but I still don't tune more than twice a month.  There has to be a large severe weather outbreak or a tropical system threatening the US for me to really pay attention.

Same here, but I don't really watch any TV news unless there's something big going on. It's just the nature of the beast... for more mundane events, you can get more, better, and faster information online.

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

Same here, but I don't really watch any TV news unless there's something big going on. It's just the nature of the beast... for more mundane events, you can get more, better, and faster information online.

This.  Most TV news is a recap of what you already read online during the day...

4 hours ago, wthrmn654 said:

I noticed this the other day, it caught me off guard, it was actually good, although I prefer Weather Underground.

9 minutes ago, Cfa said:

I noticed this the other day, it caught me off guard, it was actually good, although I prefer Weather Underground.

Took me forever to even hey that answer! the weather channel support sucks.. there's no help/support section but instead it's called, feedback... 2 emails, facebook posting later and someone else checking with there came provider and underground support,both who had no idea what was going on either.. and finally answer today... seems to be weather channel has another big set up changes coming up. maybe I'm wrong but still, no announcement or anything about this little couple week trial

2 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:

Took me forever to even hey that answer! the weather channel support sucks.. there's no help/support section but instead it's called, feedback... 2 emails, facebook posting later and someone else checking with there came provider and underground support,both who had no idea what was going on either.. and finally answer today... seems to be weather channel has another big set up changes coming up. maybe I'm wrong but still, no announcement or anything about this little couple week trial

I haven't been able to get TWC since FIOS dropped them a while back. That is probably hurting their bottom line since they are in fewer homes now.

32 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I haven't been able to get TWC since FIOS dropped them a while back. That is probably hurting their bottom line since they are in fewer homes now.

Yep, has to be hurting them.  Surprised Fios and TWC havent gotten a deal together by now.   I do like the program Weather underground on TWC. It actually goes over model runs etc.  Pretty cool.

33 minutes ago, jjvesnow said:

Yep, has to be hurting them.  Surprised Fios and TWC havent gotten a deal together by now.   I do like the program Weather underground on TWC. It actually goes over model runs etc.  Pretty cool.

That would probably be one of the few shows that I would watch along with the breaking weather event coverage. Broadcast weather is becoming a tougher

business model with the majority of people getting their weather from web based services.

12 hours ago, wthrmn654 said:

This isn't good, national weather service just post this on facebook:

Numerous surface observations have been missing since 4pm this afternoon. A fire at a telco provider is the cause. Time of return is not known.

..guess thats why KFOK (gabreski airport,westhampton) has been down.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived