Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Well ya and we'll get more this weekend but then it's gonna rain and wash it away and then it's gonna warm up and then, ya, well, winter is pretty much over. 

You should prob start an interior banter thread. Cant be complaining about winter in the same thread as the flatlanders. 

3 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Holy sh**, I had no idea you guys had it that bad, I don't feel so bad now. No offense lol

Yeah, it's been bad. 2013-14 winter was strong both in NEPA and out at Penn State, but other than that, it's been clunker after clunker, watching all the best storms slam 95 and fringing us.

I can't recall a really good wall-to-wall winter since about 2003-04. We've had long-term torches, late winters, several meh winters and absolute hell ones since (like last winter).

1 hour ago, NortheastPAWx said:

NEPA's already doing a lot better this winter...AVP 9.5" so far. That's already nearly 2/3rds of the entire 2015-16 (15.0).

What's your long term average? Seems like you are in kind of a dead zone. My uncle has a house at 1900' in Susquehanna county (NE Pa) and that place is good for serious snow just about every winter. It gets the tail end of lake effect which nickel and dime. 

So your to far south for that, to low for elevation help in marginal events and to far from the coast for coastals 

13 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

What's your long term average? Seems like you are in kind of a dead zone. My uncle has a house at 1900' in Susquehanna county (NE Pa) and that place is good for serious snow just about every winter. It gets the tail end of lake effect which nickel and dime. 

So your to far south for that, to low for elevation help in marginal events and to far from the coast for coastals 

Sounds like AVP.. They prob avg like 40-45". Surrounding locations there especially to the N prob avg 75"+.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived