• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah you are right on the top part for storm one.  That was deform and upslope combo after the upper level system got to our east.    The CAA was from the SW to NE.  It was snowing in Snowshoe, WV before anywhere in NY/New England.

The bottom part of your post is the second snow event of October that spread snows to lower elevations and further south.  The first event set the table for the SWFE style WAA of the second event.

Ok thanks yea I got mixed up a little

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the ECM and GGEM are very similar to the October event in that it was snowing in the Catskills and Berks first then moved north up the Greens.  Maine was the last to flush out the warmth.

The EURO has a nice upslope snow event for the Berkshires due to the position of the mid level lows and moisture.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Smoother blends available now thats is legal in your hood.

Ha. Not for federal employees. Yes means no still.

I'd still like to see a stronger anomaly signal for winds before I got too excited. But if it's more likely somewhere in New England it will be south of that upper low.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Ha. Not for federal employees. Yes means no still.

I'd still like to see a stronger anomaly signal for winds before I got too excited. But if it's more likely somewhere in New England it will be south of that upper low.

Me neither but hey retirement looms, back porch with Dry slot blends sounds good right about now lol

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

who is excited? We discuss options as runs come out. Pretty confidant in snow in the air next week , is it accumulating for the Berks Greens probably, elsewhere, well lets see what shakes out. 

Upslope snow in berkshires isn't really earth shattering. Hoping for a slim ch ace thanksgiving is somewhat interesting. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Upslope snow in berkshires isn't really earth shattering. Hoping for a slim ch ace thanksgiving is somewhat interesting. 

Yeah I'm more invested in that threat. If you can call me being "invested"...more like having half an eye on it. 

We will probably get a few flakes from the ULL on Sunday night/Monday, but outside of Berkshires and NNE there is not much to hang my hat on for accumulation. Maybe a coating if lucky. 

Tday has a narrow path to work out into something a little more substantial. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm more invested in that threat. If you can call me being "invested"...more like having half an eye on it. 

We will probably get a few flakes from the ULL on Sunday night/Monday, but outside of Berkshires and NNE there is not much to hang my hat on for accumulation. Maybe a coating if lucky. 

Tday has a narrow path to work out into something a little more substantial. 

Can we get the 18z GFS a month from now? :lol:    Boy what a classic block.   GFS suite is certainly much more bullish on a -NAO. EC suite of guidance isn't really biting, although tries for some blocking in the 11-15 day.

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Can we get the 18z GFS a month from now? :lol:    Boy what a classic block.   GFS suite is certainly much more bullish on a -NAO. EC suite of guidance isn't really biting, although tries for some blocking in the 11-15 day.

I did the composites for st. Johns 12 inch snowstorms...and the ec 10 to 15 day is basically the tits...but its so early in the year....temps will probably struggle to be cold enough for snow...especially when the marine taint south of the block arrives.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Big euro collapse with that ULL. Now doesn't cutoff as much and allows for a good cold shot finally.  Should be in the 30s for highs monday in the higher spots.

Yeah that's a huge flip and good to see.  Need that cold shot to get in as early as possible for snowmaking.  Fairly decent upslope snow event here...prints a foot for Jay Peak.

Archived