• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

that storm had some weird accumulation patterns...some places well inland in sne only had a slushy couple inches while other places that got into the better banding got crushed even closer to shore and down to the mid atlantic....i couldn't believe how much snow fell in parts of the mid atlantic with that one while outside of Hartford I had at best about two inches

Not that out of the ordinary to be downsloped in the CT valley....check Dec 11-14, 1992 accumulations...

I wouldn't call '87 a HECS. I mean I guess if you adjust for time of year in certain spots but I was thinking we were saying in an absolute sense. When the max snows are in the 10-12" range that doesn't scream historical to me. I might make an exception if it was early October instead. 

It was a pretty awesome storm though. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I wouldn't call '87 a HECS. I mean I guess if you adjust for time of year in certain spots but I was thinking we were saying in an absolute sense. When the max snows are in the 10-12" range that doesn't scream historical to me. I might make an exception if it was early October instead. 

I guess it is a matter of definition 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Will, did you get my text Thursday?

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well let's talk about November history .  How many mid November storms have that kind for 6-12 distribution 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

At risk of a pre-season meltdown, after the crap seasons GC has experience since the Rocktober storm, we better have at least one SEP this year (Storm of Epic Proportions).  I don't care if that means you out east get rain as a result.  :) 

Back to splitting wood now.  Have a great day everyone!

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL GFS, just bent over by the euro for next weekend. Compare 12z yesterday to 12z today.

most def... a very nice look for that far out... i am beginning to like the chances of the 11/13-15 event for some decent accums vs just minor snows

Archived