Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LithiaWx said:

I'll PM you if the trends continue.  Maybe we can coordinate and caravan down.

lookout.  I'm the same way.  The weenie in me wants to pull this west but that much west is not happening.

Cool, I'm trying to lay the groundwork to take a day or two off work if needed.

HWRF about worst case for Emerald Isle, Cat 3 right in the teeth

hwrf_mslp_wind_14L_37.png

Then once inland it would be worse case for the Pamlico River basin...80-100 mph sustained winds blowing right up the river, the surge would be historic....this would give even RDU gust well into TS force....MBY might even get 80-100 mph gust if the pressure was really that low and this was a 120mph Cat 3. This pressure looks more realistic that the sub 950 stuff...

hwrf_mslp_wind_14L_38.png

The only way this storm should be chaseable is if folks are chased away from the path. No way in the world would I head for the coast.

Yeah I try and find a parking deck where I can get 3-4 stories high. That way I have a solid wind/rain break. I wasn't suggesting others chase.. just stating that this could be the first decent sized storm on the Southeastern Coast for chasers to chase.

1 minute ago, Hvward said:

Yeah I try and find a parking deck where I can get 3-4 stories high. That way I have a solid wind/rain break. I wasn't suggesting others chase.. just stating that this could be the first decent sized storm on the Southeastern Coast for chasers to chase.

Problem is getting on the islands, if you do not have a resident sticker they aint letting you on, once the mandatory evacs go up the bridges are one way only...without that sticker.....if you do chase you will have to stay on the mainland somewhere....best bet would be ILM or Jacksonville, onshore, lots of hotels etc....

Just now, DopplerWx said:

euro huggin the fl coast just like the gfs.  if we see agreement here in the next few frames watch out.

Still 5 days out but the fact the models are getting better sampling of the players and now all of a sudden we  get this general consensus is bad news for SC/NC for sure......

Problem is getting on the islands, if you do not have a resident sticker they aint letting you on, once the mandatory evacs go up the bridges are one way only...without that sticker.....if you do chase you will have to stay on the mainland somewhere....best bet would be ILM or Jacksonville, onshore, lots of hotels etc....

Yeah not really trying to get stuck out on an island even though I have friends out on Bald Head. I was thinking that Wilmington might be a good spot, but of course that could all change by tomorrow. I will have to work on Monday here in Asheville, so having a way out will be important. You may not have to venture too far from home to chase this one man.

3 minutes ago, Hvward said:

If it should happen to come in anywhere along the SC coast south of Myrtle you won't get anywhere near the coast, especially a 4 or 5.  I was a system admin for the city of Charleston and the evac procedures will stop anyone from coming into Charleston county.  They take it very seriously after the Hugo fiasco.  Plus 17 south of Georgetown all the way to Savannah is nearly non accessible during mandatory evacs for cat 3 or higher storm.  There are very few roads to get people off of the coast in that stretch and they will take priority.  Either get on beach early and grab your balls or stay away if it comes in down there.  It will be a mess.

1 minute ago, Hvward said:

Yeah not really trying to get stuck out on an island even though I have friends out on Bald Head. I was thinking that Wilmington might be a good spot, but of course that could all change by tomorrow. I will have to work on Monday here in Asheville, so having a way out will be important. You may not have to venture too far from home to chase this one man.

not gonna chase cause i have a 9 month old son and won't be leaving him. like you said may not have to chase at all

2 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Yeah sucks when they chase you hehe, I am a wind junkie so that part of me is like BRING IT ON....then the homeowner side of me is like hell no.......

Archived