joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang this GFS run bad news, finally a for real smackdown run, if the Euro comes west any then we might be in trouble....

1 minute ago, DopplerWx said:

933mb at landfall. lord.

That would be lowest even for NC easy.....I suspect that it off by 20 MB though, I will be impressed if Matt hits here with anything lower than 955ish ....

This a damaging run for points west in the Appalachians...strong winds will rip fall foliage mountains/foothills on the back side as the storm exits to New England. Minor scruff of snow showers for WV. Freeze for NC mountains. 

Also check out the heat for the unlucky souls on the west side of the hurricane. Absolutely miserable Asheville southward. 

gfs_T2m_seus_22.png

6 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

I'll be intercepting this storm if it hits in GA or SC.  

I know it's extremely unlikely but The weenie in me sure wish it would come further west.  I'm not so much jealous of those on the coast but  I am jealous of those inland in the  carolinas right now after this mornings runs as the odds look like they have gone up for a high impact event for the eastern carolinas. . We need the rain badly too. Alas it's virtually zero chance of it.

Archived