Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

19 minutes ago, Stormsfury said:

I was concerned about this.

Seasonal trends have been all summer long for a stronger ridge and many TC's for 2016 have crossed around the SE coast, either side. 

Damn.  

Placement is the key :P  :wub: 

13 minutes ago, jburns said:

McCrory has declared a state of emergency in 66 NC counties.  Nothing like jumping the gun.

Remind me to tell you my Men in Black story :lol: 

1 minute ago, pcbjr said:

I hate being back in the cone - however marginally.

:(  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Placement is the key :P  :wub: 

Remind me to tell you my Men in Black story :lol: 

:(  

Definitely will remind you about the MIB story to recap it for me lol 

Otherwise, I'll be straight up honest.  This storm has me nervous.  All I can say right now. 

3 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

If it should happen to come in anywhere along the SC coast south of Myrtle you won't get anywhere near the coast, especially a 4 or 5.  I was a system admin for the city of Charleston and the evac procedures will stop anyone from coming into Charleston county.  They take it very seriously after the Hugo fiasco.  Plus 17 south of Georgetown all the way to Savannah is nearly non accessible during mandatory evacs for cat 3 or higher storm.  There are very few roads to get people off of the coast in that stretch and they will take priority.  Either get on beach early and grab your balls or stay away if it comes in down there.  It will be a mess.

I'm sure they will put down the gates on the exits and reverse the lanes on 26 if the worst does happen.  Trust me I'm already plotting on how to get in Friday night.  It won't be easy, maybe impossible for where I want to head.  Charleston was the starting point in my head but I've seen the systems in place for hurricane evacs.  Tricky 

2 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Grocery stores are pretty busy, appears the run on water and non perishables has begun.

My local grocery stores already barren of bottled water.  I'm gonna have to make a trip and gather a ton of cans of Chef-Boy-ar-Dee and stuff.  not looking forward to this. 

20 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

You are too funny (and good)! ;)

:D 

1 minute ago, Stormsfury said:

Definitely will remind you about the MIB story to recap it for me lol 

Otherwise, I'll be straight up honest.  This storm has me nervous.  All I can say right now. 

I know it does   :( ......It's going to be a long week of watching, waiting and model drama ;) 

1 minute ago, Stormsfury said:

My local grocery stores already barren of bottled water.  I'm gonna have to make a trip and gather a ton of cans of Chef-Boy-ar-Dee and stuff.  not looking forward to this. 

Go to Sam's Club if you have a card. I needed to go anyway after work and it was pretty much a ghost town. Plenty of everything - kind of surprising, to be honest.

1 minute ago, Ser Pounce said:

Go to Sam's Club if you have a card. I needed to go anyway after work and it was pretty much a ghost town. Plenty of everything - kind of surprising, to be honest.

It won't be after the media gets a hold of the 5 pm NHC advisory at 6 pm.  

I don't have a Sam's Club card...oops.  I'll get what I can get later tonight or tomorrow morning.  

5 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

:D 

I know it does   :( ......It's going to be a long week of watching, waiting and model drama ;) 

Yep..been drawn back in..but for good reason.  this isn't a walk in the park run of the mill storm.

A lot of nerve cells tested this week for sure.  I've been concerned about the ridge, which was confirmed stronger than modeled per Bermuda observations, and on top of that, 98E is getting close to depression status well NE and N of the Leewards.  so many players on the field.

5 minutes ago, Stormsfury said:

It won't be after the media gets a hold of the 5 pm NHC advisory at 6 pm.  

I don't have a Sam's Club card...oops.  I'll get what I can get later tonight or tomorrow morning.  

Betcha can't guess what Channel 5 and 2 are leading with... 2 even has the obligatory anchor standing out at Folly.

edit: Channel 5 calls it a 5 out of 10 on Threatcon. First time I've seen that measure of doom before.

I wont pull the trigger on prep till Thur....if the track is going to be right along or just of the coast we shouldnt get it to bad here, maybe 50-60 mph gust at most....if the center does like the HWRF or the GFDL with a flatter NE turn I would get wrecked....watch this storm tease all week then when it gets up here it will stick 100 miles offshore the whole way....I hate these setups. 

GFS is slower thru 96 though might end up getting out to the east is it hangs out to long.......

Just now, Stormsfury said:

Yep..been drawn back in..but for good reason.  this isn't a walk in the park run of the mill storm.

A lot of nerve cells tested this week for sure.  I've been concerned about the ridge, which was confirmed stronger than modeled per Bermuda observations, and on top of that, 98E is getting close to depression status well NE and N of the Leewards.  so many players on the field.

Yes there are more than enough players to cause the chaos. It can't be easy if it is happening to the southeast :P  The devil is in the finer details and watches and warnings should be happening soon

6 minutes ago, Ser Pounce said:

Betcha can't guess what Channel 5 and 2 are leading with... 2 even has the obligatory anchor standing out at Folly.

of course.  

I just heard Dorchester County schools already have closed Friday classes.  talk about not waiting around.  

it's not just how strong Matthew, but how long it takes to clear the region, even being offshore.  I mean a full 24-36 hours of significant impacts possible.  

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

Slower it is...less chance of gaining enough latitude to hit NC.  That's what I see on 18z GFS...so far.  

Am I wrong in thinking the slower it is(forward progress) gives a lesser chance of coming a ways inland?  I don't know if that's based on the law of averages or just an old wives tale :P  (I know it's a sign I'm old)

So if it goes Euro slow its gonna fish it has to go fast enough to get inland before the trough bumps it NE....sad thing is the models will suck with this aspect all the way up to it hitting or missing.....either way this run will probably give hurricane conditions from Charleston to the northern OBX, inland from there not so much wind just rain.....

Archived