Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Fall Foliage Thread

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MetHerb said:

You say the same thing every year....lol.  It's always dull to you.  As a matter of fact, you're like the "Corn King" of Agawam that used to say that every dry year was the worst he had ever seen only with you, it's foliage.  Every year it's the dullest you've ever seen.  Pretty funny...

Exactly, same crap different year.

Brown no matter where you look. Maples around here that typically are bright red, are faded brown/ tan/ yellow edges

Elevation 1,000 feet

Snowfall YTD: 47.0 inches

Snowfall 14-15 YTD: 107 inches

Yesterday I decided to break out the 360° camera and take a couple of drives to show the foliage around here.  I started in the center of Stafford (Stafford Springs) and rode over to Bigelow Hollow in Union for the first video.  Since it is a 360° video, you can pan around and look anywhere so you don't have to look forward.  You can also pause the video anywhere and do that as well.  If you have VR goggles or Google Cardboard you can use that as well.

I suggest you turn your volume down as the microphone only captures the wind...I forgot to disable it when I started recording.

This is part 2 of the 360° VR video I shot yesterday coming back from Bigelow Hollow in Union to Staffordville.  I took back roads past where I have some of my maple tubing lines setup.

Again, turn the volume down and remember that you can pan the video around to see different things as I've driving along.  You can even use VR goggles if you have them.

I'm sorry if it appears to be dark - just part of the capture on a cloudy day.

13 hours ago, MetHerb said:

This is part 2 of the 360° VR video I shot yesterday coming back from Bigelow Hollow in Union to Staffordville.  I took back roads past where I have some of my maple tubing lines setup.

Again, turn the volume down and remember that you can pan the video around to see different things as I've driving along.  You can even use VR goggles if you have them.

I'm sorry if it appears to be dark - just part of the capture on a cloudy day.

Great videos John..really captures the foliage. hey... have you had any hits from the real maple syrup signs there on your dash on here?

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Great videos John..really captures the foliage. hey... have you had any hits from the real maple syrup signs there on your dash on here?

That label is on the base of my camera mount and I use it all of my 360° videos.  You only see that if you look down...I view it as a form of marketing for the farm business.

Archived