Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

What are u measuring on ? I was over 3 on snowboard ?

Picnic table.  The surface is true, meaning there is no waviness or bumps etc.

It's wide and perfectly flat, and I took it in multiple spots.  Measured the pavement for s and g's and got only an 1/8th of an inch less.

1 minute ago, JerseyWx said:

Picnic table.  The surface is true, meaning there is no waviness or bumps etc.

It's wide and perfectly flat, and I took it in multiple spots.  Measured the pavement for s and g's and got only an 1/8th of an inch less.

Sleep will bounce off the picnic table, there was a debt amount of sleet mixed in 

25 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

It will bounce I agree, but I measured before any heavy sleet came down and whatever did fall had a cushion of snow to fall onto

Maybe I was snow longer , I am in the northern most part of the town . Even though we are a small town we were on the battle ground for that last 2 hrs or so . I'm coming in at 3.2 on the board 

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm hesitant to call it heavy snow, but it's pretty intense at times. Starting to see some good aggregation now that the column is getting warmer.

Im the same way lol.. But I do have a hill that rises to about 1100' 1/4 mile to my east. I always use it as a reference point to determine the  intensity

4 minutes ago, snywx said:

Im the same way lol.. But I do have a hill that rises to about 1100' 1/4 mile to my east. I always use it as a reference point to determine the  intensity

Yeah i measured out some visual points years ago. Estimating hose lengths helps too lol

1 hour ago, rgwp96 said:

Maybe I was snow longer , I am in the northern most part of the town . Even though we are a small town we were on the battle ground for that last 2 hrs or so . I'm coming in at 3.2 on the board 

Could be, I measured an additional 1/4" so that makes my total 2.75"

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I used the outer cylinder of my Stratus to catch everything. I then melted it inside and measured it with the calibrated inner cylinder. 

Yep, same here... if you're really impatient you can pour in (then subtract) a known amount of hot water to the snow to melt it quicker, but I prefer the precision of letting it melt by itself. Ended up at 8:1 here as well.

6 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yep, same here... if you're really impatient you can pour in (then subtract) a known amount of hot water to the snow to melt it quicker, but I prefer the precision of letting it melt by itself. Ended up at 8:1 here as well.

Yeah, I've done it that way before too, I had time to let it melt today. 

Archived