joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Is this the OC Park?

Yes, specifically Thomas Bull.  Tons and tons of snow made for tubing, tons.  When its this cold the fans really get the snow up in the air, the snow typically stays closer to the ground.  This morning it was floating all over, very cool.  If you're familiar with the park, the snow was floating all the way over to the road up the hill.

22 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yes, specifically Thomas Bull.  Tons and tons of snow made for tubing, tons.  When its this cold the fans really get the snow up in the air, the snow typically stays closer to the ground.  This morning it was floating all over, very cool.  If you're familiar with the park, the snow was floating all the way over to the road up the hill.

Wife used to work there at the tubing hill/arboretum....during college, live playing golf there, tad expensive tho..

my father in law was the head of veteran affairs for OC, and ran the vet cemetery and a few other things out there

8 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Deep winter for now...

Thomas Bull.JPG

Is that what you see from I84?  A couple of times I've driven through in the winter when there's no snow anywhere else and then there's a fat strip on a hillside to the south of the Interstate.  For some reason I always thought of Big Vanilla when I saw it.

7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Not if you sneak onto the course from my backyard :P

7 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Oh I'm down 

I could be convinced to take a walk with you guys one afternoon ;) 

3 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Is that what you see from I84?  A couple of times I've driven through in the winter when there's no snow anywhere else and then there's a fat strip on a hillside to the south of the Interstate.  For some reason I always thought of Big Vanilla when I saw it.

I could be convinced to take a walk with you guys one afternoon ;) 

Yep, you can see it from 84

11 hours ago, snywx said:

It cracks me up that some of them actually consider mid-upper 40s in Dec in NYC a "torch" lol.. 

Might not be a torch now, but we have to see if it continues into January where mid to upper 40s will be "Torchy" :P.  This pattern certainly isn't the best for producing cold in the metro as Don and Bluewave have pointed out.

2 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

Might be not be a torch now, but we have to see if it continues into January where mid to upper 40s will be "Torchy" :P.  This pattern certainly isn't the best for producing cold in the metro as Don and Bluewave have pointed out.

No doubt cold will be hard to find and we are looking at a milder finish to December but if we want to use weenie terms, last December was a freaking torch, my lowest low was 41 in that stretch.    

2015 Dec Torch.JPG

31 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

No doubt cold will be hard to find and we are looking at a milder finish to December but if we want to use weenie terms, last December was a freaking torch, my lowest low was 41 in that stretch.    

2015 Dec Torch.JPG

Furthermore, last December I only had 11 lows that were below freezing with my low for the month a measly 22, never even hit the teens in Dec '15.

Archived