joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be interesting to see if we can hold on up here..

Upton latest..

.SHORT TERM /6 AM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT/... Upper level divergence intensifies significantly after daybreak, resulting in a strengthening low-level jet and warm/moist advection. Precipitation rates are expected to increase quickly in response. Latest deterministic/ensemble forecasts have trended warmer with the forecast, which given the pattern appears to be the most likely scenario. However, northern portions of Orange and Putnam counties in southeast NY will be the slowest to transition, leading to a several hour period of heavy, wet snow potential. Have issued a winter weather advisory from 10-18Z with the expectation that the morning commute may be impacted, though snow will transition to rain quickly in the afternoon.

21 minutes ago, snywx said:

Upton latest..

.SHORT TERM /6 AM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT/... Upper level divergence intensifies significantly after daybreak, resulting in a strengthening low-level jet and warm/moist advection. Precipitation rates are expected to increase quickly in response. Latest deterministic/ensemble forecasts have trended warmer with the forecast, which given the pattern appears to be the most likely scenario. However, northern portions of Orange and Putnam counties in southeast NY will be the slowest to transition, leading to a several hour period of heavy, wet snow potential. Have issued a winter weather advisory from 10-18Z with the expectation that the morning commute may be impacted, though snow will transition to rain quickly in the afternoon.

How do you think it is looking for us further south, sny?

C-1" perhaps?

6 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

How do you think it is looking for us further south, sny?

C-1" perhaps?

Sounds about right.. 

Atleast we were never suppose to get much out of this. Anything over 2" from this event would be a bonus in my book. Some of those guys in the ORH-BOS corridor were initially thinking big amounts. They may be lucky to see 1-3"

32 minutes ago, snywx said:

Upton latest..

Bummer, I'm 15-20 miles too far south.  

Probably either Thanksgiving 2014 or Boxing Day.

Been way too long. February 2014 saw more than a foot from two separate events a day apart. Epic snowpack then. Thanksgiving 2014 saw 7-8 inches only. (Only being a very relative word). I would love another 7-8. It is high time the Mid Hudson Valley gets majorly dumped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Been way too long. February 2014 saw more than a foot from two separate events a day apart. Epic snowpack then. Thanksgiving 2014 saw 7-8 inches only. (Only being a very relative word). I would love another 7-8. It is high time the Mid Hudson Valley gets majorly dumped.

Picked up close to 20" here from that Feb 2014 event. I remember picking up a solid foot in part 1 with an additional 8" overnight. That was some serious snowpack we had that month too

Picked up close to 20" here from that Feb 2014 event. I remember picking up a solid foot in part 1 with an additional 8" overnight. That was some serious snowpack we had that month too

Yeah, that was beautiful, but too bad I was going through chemotherapy to fully enjoy it, though the snow definitely lifted me up during those dark days.

6 minutes ago, snywx said:

That storm had so many awesome features. My weather event memories tend to have a recent bias, but even several years later, Feb 14 still stands up as one of my favorite snowstorms.

That storm had so many awesome features. My weather event memories tend to have a recent bias, but even several years later, Feb 14 still stands up as one of my favorite snowstorms.

Part 2 was so dynamic. Started off as heavy ZR and PL before turning into a total whiteout in the blink of an eye with dynamic cooling and NE wind entrainment

Archived