Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, snywx said:

Now that is awesome! I was still in the Bronx during that year. If I remember correctly though snowfall up here was almost 200% of norm. Am i correct?

I was in college and I was not good at record keeping then so I can't say for sure but I recall around 90-95" in New Windsor at the time.  I can say that there was solid snow cover from early January as I recall right on past St. Paddys Day.  There was a flash freeze storm in January that's still one of my favorites of all time.   

Now you're making me and my fat old self feel, well, old.  Maybe not though, you guys talk about golf, yardwork and pretty flowers :P while all I think about is mt biking and other active outdoor pursuits.  There now I feel better :)  Too bad the pressure dropping is making my bones feel old and creaky.  

Hey did you know that if you put hot chocolate powder in your pancake mix then add some strawberries and bananas and pour real maple syrup over it it's like eating chocolate fruit cake for breakfast :D

13 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

Turning 31 in a couple of months.. Most of this board is rather young with a few mixed in old timers.

I think the older you get the less patience you have for some of the crap on here.  I know of at least one "old timer" from our neck of the woods who just gave up posting because of it. I just chuckle and poke fun at many of the nonsensical ravings.  

8 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

Same here man.  Snowed for maybe 20 min. and barely accumulated.  Been pure rain ever since.

Just awful , we were colder at the surface than places higher up yet we went over to Rain a lot faster than I expected  we were 33.1 and pouring yet my buddy at 1100 feet was 34.5 and all snow .  

2 hours ago, rgwp96 said:

Just awful , we were colder at the surface than places higher up yet we went over to Rain a lot faster than I expected  we were 33.1 and pouring yet my buddy at 1100 feet was 34.5 and all snow .  

Yeah, this one was just not a good event for us at all.  Nice weather the next few days at least.

Little snippet from Upton

A series of northern stream shortwaves pass Friday and Friday
night. The one on Friday could trigger some isolated snow/rain
showers...mainly over the NW 1/3 of the CWA. Given very steep
lapse rates from the surface through 650 hPa cannot completely
rule out a rumble of thunder as well (though confidence is to low
to place in the forecast).

Archived