Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

Just now, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

With that Low placement a land slow movement you would think an earlier bomb would be inevitable, we've seen trending improvements so hopefully a few more ticks slower and we will be in business 

Water temps in that general vicinity are pretty warm too. Should see some rapid deepening

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-4" is a good call right now for our area & when I say "our" area I mean Orange/Putnam/Dutchess/Ulster/Sullivan/N Sussex & W Passaic. Not buying the NAM anymore. The coast prob gets a coating at best.

Regardless this event should put me over 20" for the season. Not bad considering all the talk about this being a terrible December lol.

9 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

If euro can keep us all snow like Nam depicts, everyone here is 6-8+ based on total precip and 10:1 ratios

GGEM/GFS vs Euro/NAM. Sadly my money is on the GGEM/GFS combo. 

Both 12z GFS/GGEM give 2-4" for our area. They look almost identical with the most snow falling in Sullivan.

Just now, Animal said:

Yea. I saw a snow map.

basically 1 to max 4 inches if you get lucky. Hurts extreme far north east Dutchess County New York and pounds your typical spots in New England.

I wasn't expecting much, it just sucks to have it 50 or so miles too far NE this time, typically its too far SE for us.  Aw shucks...

The problem with this system for the far north and west is the area of subsidence that develops when the precip transfers to the coastal low.

Ukmet and Euro both show this issue on today's runs. Heaviest precip gets confined close to the coastal low before expanding off of SNE.

3 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I'll take 3" without a doubt, keep saying it... 1 three inch storm is more than my entire season total last year... too many spoiled snow lovers around imo... brushing off snow unless it's more than 8" lol

After Thursday many of us here will either be very close to or over 20". Not a bad start in my book.

Hi-res NAM is alittle more generous for thursday

5 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I hope so, we were trending in the right diredction, I'm not enthused by today's runs...if we stay all snow it's 4-5" 

There was always that potential to be a sig event up here but it looks like its just gonna remain a advisory event for those along and N of 84. 2-4", 3-5" type event. Unless you live on the east end of LI or up near BOS don't expect much from Miller Bs. They almost always get going too late for us. 

Archived