Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I was waiting for you to chime in, I was looking at some of the home stations in the western part of the county and it appeared that the front was near or through 

Winds gusted upwards of 40mph. And literally within seconds fog went poof

snow pack looks to have survived somewhat. 3-4" throughout 

2 minutes ago, HeinzGuy said:

Can see a white line in the clouds west of here so hopefully it wont be long...snow depth looks to be around 4" and will probably be around 3" when it comes through...48/46

You should notice the increase in wind as it moves through and the temp starts to drop right away. I'm down 5 degrees both in temp and dewpoint now. 

Really cool, at my parents house at about 150', there is still full snow coverage (except where my kids and dog destroyed the beautiful white landscape, selfish bastards)....but up at my house at 525', most of the snow melted. Inversion trapped the cold air longer in the valley?

34 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Really cool, at my parents house at about 150', there is still full snow coverage (except where my kids and dog destroyed the beautiful white landscape, selfish bastards)....but up at my house at 525', most of the snow melted. Inversion trapped the cold air longer in the valley?

Yes, I'd say inversion.  I remember an inversion years ago where KMGJ was below freezing and KSWF was into at least the 40's, I'm trying to find my records on that as I had the specific temps recorded.  Anyway, solid snow cover at my house and around this neck of the woods.   

57 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yes, I'd say inversion.  I remember an inversion years ago where KMGJ was below freezing and KSWF was into at least the 40's, I'm trying to find my records on that as I had the specific temps recorded.  Anyway, solid snow cover at my house and around this neck of the woods.   

I was gonna say, I still have full snow cover, not even a single bare spot... baring any rain/really warm day I may survive for a white xmas

Archived