joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julian can you take a closer look at Nam and lemme know what you think about ice threat.. Nam looks colder to me, freeze lines stays down in rockland until precip is mostly over 18z, I'm at work and can't check 

edit: looking at the hi res Nam, it picks the mix line better and is mostly snow north of rockland for the duration 

2 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Julian can you take a closer look at Nam and lemme know what you think about ice threat.. Nam looks colder to me, freeze lines stays down in rockland until precip is mostly over 18z, I'm at work and can't check 

edit: looking at the hi res Nam, it picks the mix line better and is mostly snow north of rockland for the duration 

If the low spins up along the coastal front like the NAM shows, that could definitely delay surface warming for a bit. I can't imagine that icing would be a huge hazard, but a light glaze definitely seems possible.

As an aside, the NAM has 14C 850s over us by Sunday morning. That's pretty wild for this time of year.

Another trend of the past few NAM runs has been to focus ascent well below the DGZ... at 12z the strongest lift was between 800 and 600mb, which was forecast to be warmer than -10C. You can still get serviceable ratios with needles, since they're prone to aggregation, but this isn't the best look for snow growth.

aOcN5Ra.png

Archived