Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

another poster in the Dec 17-18 thread said 1-2 inches... was that just for the city?

Yes, rockland to Ulster/Sullivan is 2-5" north to south, more north and west of there

850s between -5 and -15 during precip slowing climbing till we changeover, gonna see good snow growth initially so I'd expect 13 or 15:1 ratios

19 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

HAHAH, I think they have banter alarms, can't get away with nothin around here :D

btw HRRR and RAP all have about 1-2" of snow tonight

nickle and dime baby, Nickle and dime

Let's see how that turns out.  I've been liking the HRRR this year.

Just now, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

It was surprising terrible for Sunday, I was barely an inch on HRRR, got over 4...I've notice HRRR is very concervative on precip totals, does well with timing/mix lines though. 

I agree, didn't do incredible with this last one, but it did get the mix line right, until I went to bed at least.

14 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Nam is out to lunch this light snow coming in, starts and stays as rain on Nam, anyone in rockland seeing any snow from those returns

well temps are starting to fall for me i'm at 40f with a dp of 24,so i'm guessing evap cooling could get this to around freezing later on. very interesting turn of events here as most models had zip precip overhead including virga. 

Archived