Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, snywx said:

Rates should be impressive once that heavy stuff comes in later. Its a matter of how long we can hold off that mix line. Its gonna be one of those 3-5" thumps in 3 hours

I'm hoping we hold on till the AM, I'm on a 48hr shift, and with army beating navy, I've been on about 500 calls for nonsense cadets and need sleep tonight 

2 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

Newest HRRR barely has any snow for Sussex. A bit confused as it is still 26/22 and wet bulb temps are still well below freezing. 

Guessing we see way more ice then expected? Does the HRRR count sleet as snow?

This just isn't a snow setup. High offshore moving east, low to the west. Only means one thing...southerly flow. 

A strong southerly flow in these setups can torch all levels in no time. Without a high to the north there is no cad, and nothing to keep those cold temps in place.

9 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

Newest HRRR barely has any snow for Sussex. A bit confused as it is still 26/22 and wet bulb temps are still well below freezing. 

You may be little too far south to see much. 2" might be the max down there

1 hour ago, nesussxwx said:

The HRRR is still showing all rain for everyone south of Orange County

16 minutes ago, snywx said:

0z RGEM has the steady snow coming in around 1 am.. Changeover starts to occur around 5am or so. If precip is heavy enough we can rack up 3-4" in that period on top of what we already have. The 5am changeover is for orange county. Its alot sooner down in NJ

RGEM ended up caving to Nam GFS.. a bit disappointing cause I like RGEM, but Nam has continued to be very good... ALL model concensus looks the same now

11 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

RGEM ended up caving to Nam GFS.. a bit disappointing cause I like RGEM, but Nam has continued to be very good... ALL model concensus looks the same now

We prob have a 3-4 hr window to get what we can. After that who knows. Maybe the changeover gets delayed. A few of us already have 1" otg too.

1 minute ago, snywx said:

We prob have a 3-4 hr window to get what we can. After that who knows. Maybe the changeover gets delayed. A few of us already have 1" otg too.

The heaviest snows will be found just on the cold side of the transition line. If that gets hung up anywhere, there's still the potential for some nice totals. 

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The heaviest snows will be found just on the cold side of the transition line. If that gets hung up anywhere, there's still the potential for some nice totals. 

If there is a delay with the changeover some places might be able to squeeze an additional 1-2" but I think most of us are maxed out at 5" 

Archived