Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, snywx said:

0z 3k NAM smacks the shawangunk ridge with 6"+

4-5" just north of 84 in OC

Yea I was gonna post this, as we get closer, the trend continues to tick cooler... nams very flat and WAA comes in hard, CAD continues to trend colder ( shocker ) but hey what do we know, we only live here..

btw they broke the nam lol

IMG_0725.JPG

7 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

12:1 is generally consistent with what I've seen from SWFEs since I started doing regular core samples over the past few years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some even better ratios with the initial thump. Conditions look solid for dendritic snow growth, so could be pretty fluffy.

I'm down to 18F here 23 was forecast 

I'm gonna head out on a limb and go on record as saying that somebody in our area could pick up 8" if things break the right way. After a period of high-ratio overrunning snows that could feature some nice banding given the tight pressure gradient, the developing triple-point low overhead should reinforce lift and enhance precip rates. I'd still temper expectations down to 4-6" but the potential is there for a positive bust IMO.

Upton thinks 4-6 up this way, I personally think we're gonna virga for quite some time, but delayed changeover in the circled area may make up for it

currently 17F dew point 16F

IMG_0736.JPG

Many reason why uptons "most likely" totals would be greater than the "potential" totals... 

most likely is 4-6 north of 84, potential is only 4-5

Archived