joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, snywx said:

I still can't believe we were in the mid 70s last Christmas. Craziness

Yup, I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. It seems like it's almost an annual thing, as well... +30F on Christmas 2015, +24F Christmas 2014, +24F Dec 22, 2013, +20F Dec 21, 2012, +20F December 22, 2011. A blowtorch on or around Christmas is almost inevitable at this point.

17 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The main storm thread is already approaching unreadable status with all the weenies and doomcasters. I think I'll just stay in this thread the rest of the winter, lol.

I personally think we're in great shape up here... ggem drops 3-5 Monday, washed away (maybe, doesn't rain long) followed by 6+ wed during daytime... 2 daytime early AM starts, id take it

9 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I personally think we're in great shape up here... ggem drops 3-5 Monday, washed away (maybe, doesn't rain long) followed by 6+ wed during daytime... 2 daytime early AM starts, id take it

Yep, I like our chances. The odds of a warm cutter have probably gone up slightly, but we stand to do very well if the NAM and GFS are even a little bit over-amped (which would surprise no-one) . 

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yep, I like our chances. The odds of a warm cutter have probably gone up slightly, but we stand to do very well if the NAM and GFS are even a little bit over-amped (which would surprise no-one) . 

The trolls are in full swing this year, that's for sure, I've learned from the past and ignore them completely and just carry on lol ( most of the time) 

49 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

We are in a complete different position than the coast. These SWFE setups always favor us over the coast. Hopefully we continue to cash in.. Interior winter! lol

I remember when we decided to create a separate thread from the main thread. Its amazing how different our climate really is from the coast in such a short distance. Everyone up here has a long term snowfall average 50-75% more than NYC/LI. Some of those kids are soo damn spoiled from the last few yrs its comical to read. Climo always wins. 

8 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

How many times have these set-ups surprised with a big front end dump, mix line at 84, then back end snow/sleet to taper off

CAD is almost always under modeled and holds on tough. Snow-ip/zr is usually how these go. Maybe some of us reach 33-34 but its the same song over and over again. Watch the mesos as we get inside 36 hrs.

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

If anything I prefer these type of events over fluff. Im a snowpack guy and these usually provide 6-8" with some ip/zr at the end. With that recipe that snowpack isn't going anywhere

NWS think cold damning takes place, and a mix line lingers somewhere just north of NYC or at NYC... exactly what we were just talking about 

Archived