Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

The WV loop is still showing good dynamics, so places that get an early enough start should do pretty well before the forcing shuts off. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see a couple 5" reports.

What are your thoughts in regards to the potential for widespread advisory level snows.. Do you think lower elevations have a chance or its strictly confined to locations > 500'

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

You called it earlier... Right on the line

Yeah, I'd say the line splits right through Butler.  Downtown my guess is more sleet than snow, whereas here I now have probably 75 snow/ 25 mix

2 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

my grass even has a coating of sleet lol, sleeting in west milford as well with temp there of 32.5

It's a thick layer out there.  Now I'm more snow than before.

14 minutes ago, snywx said:

What are your thoughts in regards to the potential for widespread advisory level snows.. Do you think lower elevations have a chance or its strictly confined to locations > 500'

How much do you have now?

Upstream radar is starting to look pretty sickly, and if you believe the HRRR, the main show should be over in about 4-5 hours. I think advisory criteria is gonna be tough in most places, but if the moisture is there, valley locations should be in the running I would think. No time to waste however.

Just now, Juliancolton said:

How much do you have now?

Upstream radar is starting to look pretty sickly, and if you believe the HRRR, the main show should be over in about 4 hours. I think advisory criteria is gonna be tough in most places, but if the moisture is there, valley locations should be in the running I would think. No time to waste however.

1.6"

Archived