Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I just posted on why I think the snowfall map (which got dryer) is bogus, kinda piggybacking of what you were explaining last night 

I see now, agreed. It does look like surface temps got another degree or two warmer so we may contend with p-type issues, but I'll take my chances with more liquid.

11 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

There's good enhancement to our west, I just fear that for some of us rain for a good duration, or atleast mix too long during the heaviest precip

In Hardyston Township currently at around 660'. Rain here so far, but the temp is dropping and down to 38/30.

probably snowing at 1000'. Will update if we switch. 

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I've said it before, but it's hard to look at this and believe that I'll only get like .1" of precip per most guidance. If you look at current WV loops, you can see cold cloud tops being steadily replenished over the primary low. Nothing seems particularly at odds with the models, and RAP mesoanalysis sure enough shows the s/w quickly dampening out, but who knows... maybe that precip shield has enough momentum to get me a couple inches before it dissipates.

6vggrtU.gif

I always look at the radar and think that too.  I'm usually disappointed in my line of thinking :( Sometimes I'll get lucky because I am only ~30 miles from the coast (LI Sound) so will see some coastal enhancement and get some backside snow that you don't.  One thing I see in that radar shot is a very straight line marking the northern edge of the storm telling me that there's a dry air dome that has to be pushed out of the way and that doesn't usually happen quickly enough to leave us more than table scraps.

Ok damn.. I was down in South central PA all day today and thankfully made it home before the all out blitz in the poconos. Lowest temp I saw was about 34 with ip/sn falling around 2000' on I-380. I think some over perform tonight especially animal. Those in NE PA and extreme western orange county have a chance as well.

38.8/32 overcast at the moment

Archived