joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still coming down at a decent clip with large flakes.  Eyeballing near 2" now.

That empty cone on Uptons radar doesn't usually bother me too much but during snowstorms it drives me nuts.  I'm just east of the center of it so when there is redevelopment going on, like with this, it's tough to watch.  Especially since there's a group of hills here that enhances precip.

7 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's still coming down at a decent clip with large flakes.  Eyeballing near 2" now.

That empty cone on Uptons radar doesn't usually bother me too much but during snowstorms it drives me nuts.  I'm just east of the center of it so when there is redevelopment going on, like with this, it's tough to watch.  Especially since there's a group of hills here that enhances precip.

I recommend RadarScope 

What you need:

1. iPad
  2. Apple TV
  3. RadarScope app for iPad
  4. Add the Pro package for $10/year
  5. HDMI Cable

How to Display RadarScope:

1. Plug Apple TV into your input source or scan converter
  2. Configure Apple TV for use on your wireless network
  3. Open the RadarScope app on your iPad
  4. Swipe up to reveal control center and enable AirPlay Mirroring to the desired Apple TV
  5. RadarScope now appears on your output screen

2 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

What you need:

1. iPad
  2. Apple TV
  3. RadarScope app for iPad
  4. Add the Pro package for $10/year
  5. HDMI Cable

How to Display RadarScope:

1. Plug Apple TV into your input source or scan converter
  2. Configure Apple TV for use on your wireless network
  3. Open the RadarScope app on your iPad
  4. Swipe up to reveal control center and enable AirPlay Mirroring to the desired Apple TV
  5. RadarScope now appears on your output screen

Granted, I have an iPhone so excuse my ignorance here but it says it's available in google play as well. 

Ahh so it is.  I never noticed it before because I generally don't pay for apps on my phone.  Will it still have the dead zone cone?  If so it wouldn't be worth it to pay.

Snow is much lighter here now, flakes are tiny but still falling.  I can't tell if it's fog or what but the visibility is only a few blocks.  Have to wait for it to get a little bit lighter out to be able to tell.

Just now, gravitylover said:

Ahh so it is.  I never noticed it before because I generally don't pay for apps on my phone.  Will it still have the dead zone cone?  If so it wouldn't be worth it to pay.

Snow is much lighter here now, flakes are tiny but still falling.  I can't tell if it's fog or what but the visibility is only a few blocks.  Have to wait for it to get a little bit lighter out to be able to tell.

Well yeah, the dead zone is still there if you use Uptons radar. There's either a tall building or water tower, I forget which, near the radar site which is the issue so it won't matter which radar service you use. 

1.9" on the board. 

Just now, gravitylover said:

IMO, I switch the radar feed on the event and it's proximity/orientation...

for most storms coming from the south iIl use KOKX 

storms from west KBGM

and when i wanna see specifically what's right on top of me I'll use KENX

range is good on all, and yes the cone is still there but you can tamper the settings to reduce it, many different reflectivity options and customization, overall I think it's well worth the pay

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

For some reason EVERY time i take a pic on my phone and try and post it, it says files too large, I've tried apps to reduce file size and everything and not sure why... no way 1 cell pic is more than 1.95MB

what you do is text yourself the picture, copy it and than paste it on here. It works for me like that

9 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

For some reason EVERY time i take a pic on my phone and try and post it, it says files too large, I've tried apps to reduce file size and everything and not sure why... no way 1 cell pic is more than 1.95MB

use tinypic.com to attach it to the message board if it gives you an issue

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean... I use BGM for mby. I feel it works much better for us here on this side of the river

3 minutes ago, snywx said:

use tinypic.com to attach it to the message board if it gives you an issue

Gotcha thanks... I ended up turning off HDR mode on camera and it worked..

EPS maintains a snowy pattern, posted it in main thread but

38 of the 51 ensembles support nearly 12" of snow over the next 10 days, most of which come in a Miller B, however the euro op is still not on board with any large system. 

Still like 10-15 Dec time frame 

Archived