Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, snywx said:

Both the 12z NAM & GFS have .25-.50' of qpf with 850s below 0 & 2m temps 32-36. The GFS has also been trying to spin something up for early thursday morning. Could result in a rain to snow situation. Something to keep an eye on.

One thing is for sure.. Wintry week up ahead

Add the GGEM to the list, 6+ inches falls over a few desperate events between Monday and Sunday 

7 minutes ago, snywx said:

Both the 12z NAM & GFS have .25-.50' of qpf with 850s below 0 & 2m temps 32-36. The GFS has also been trying to spin something up for early thursday morning. Could result in a rain to snow situation. Something to keep an eye on.

One thing is for sure.. Wintry week up ahead

It certainly looks like a wintry week on the models but it hasn't sunk into my brain yet, I'm I only one feeling like this?

19 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I think with each year I age, Christmas/winter time seems less and less like it used to.... too many responsibilities lol

Well there's that too, a busy time of year and work has been busier than normal for me this year.  Songhat combined with last year and I'm kinda scratching my eyes asking myself is this really happening LOL

4 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Well there's that too, a busy time of year and work has been busier than normal for me this year.  Songhat combined with last year and I'm kinda scratching my eyes asking myself is this really happening LOL

Last year was terrible for winter wx lovers especially for the interior. Add the fact that areas 50-75 miles to our SE received a 25-30" blizzard while we were putting SPF 40 on

Just now, snywx said:

I think I used mine once last year for like a 3" event lol. Desperate to give it some action lol

I've had a brand new 30" Husqvarna, bought it in the fall of 2014 for the house I'm currently living in when it was being built, moved into this house march of 2015... and have literally not even blown an inch 

Archived