Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, snywx said:

Curious to see the landscape once daylight arrives. I have plenty of areas 1200-1300' within a 5 min drive of me. Might have to take a weenie drive in the AM. 

I never dropped below freezing here. Hovered around 33° the entire time

anyone with some decent elevation above 1200 feet most likely got hit hard.

45 minutes ago, Animal said:

anyone with some decent elevation above 1200 feet most likely got hit hard.

Definitely true here 1300 feet.  Howling winds all night too on the ridge.  Banging the sides of the tent all night to knock the snow off.  It really sucked when I had to go out for a minute.  Was still snowing hard.   Looked eerie and beautiful in the dark.

40 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Definitely true here 1300 feet.  Howling winds all night too on the ridge.  Banging the sides of the tent all night to knock the snow off.  It really sucked when I had to go out for a minute.  Was still snowing hard.   Looked eerie and beautiful in the dark.

I was just wondering how you were doing. Even down here at around 400 feet of looks like 1-2" out there, I'll measure a little later, temp at 33. I can hear the slushy snow fall off the trees and landing on the roof from time to time,  I can only imagine that in a tent..,

40 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I was just wondering how you were doing. Even down here at around 400 feet of looks like 1-2" out there, I'll measure a little later, temp at 33. I can hear the slushy snow fall off the trees and landing on the roof from time to time,  I can only imagine that in a tent..,

1.7" here

12 minutes ago, Animal said:

so I checked the Mt Holly snow reports. They did not post it.

I called and spoke with a guy on the phone and was told they are not going to post it as they don't believe it. no way I got that much snow I was told. They are reviewing other reports as a priority.

What the heck is going on there....

That's total bull****

18 minutes ago, Animal said:

so I checked the Mt Holly snow reports. They did not post it.

I called and spoke with a guy on the phone and was told they are not going to post it as they don't believe it. no way I got that much snow I was told. They are reviewing other reports as a priority.

If you have a recent newspaper or something else that can "prove" the date prop it up against the ruler and take another photo.

Archived