Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Good thing that rain event Tuesday over-performed for a lot of us.  I can tell it perked some things up, including the weeds.

Yeah, I picked up just about 2", and a few CoCoRaHS observers reported close to 3" to my south. It's a good dent if we can follow it up with more precip events in the near future.

Just now, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, I picked up just about 2", and a few CoCoRaHS observers reported close to 3" to my south. It's a good dent if we can follow it up with more precip events in the near future.

I agree, need some consistent storms to follow this one and slowly build our totals back up.  About 1.50" here. 

50 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

We haven't done too bad year to date, but I also think that total has been inflated from earlier in the year.  Since September it's been pretty dry.

July def bumped up the totals as we had those training tstorms  that dropped over 11 inches for the month 

12 hours ago, rgwp96 said:

Where are you located ? I have a heated rain gauge so my liquid amounts are pretty accurate , 

I'm using the stations at Poughkeepsie and Danbury for reference.  We didn't get nearly as much as you did over the summer.  There were days that you were soaked and we got nothing and last winter was a near complete bust here too.

4 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I'm using the stations at Poughkeepsie and Danbury for reference.  We didn't get nearly as much as you did over the summer.  There were days that you were soaked and we got nothing and last winter was a near complete bust here too.

Ok yes  from my phone it downs show where you are from (well of  u even have it listed ), July made the difference down here for sure. Otherwise we would have been way below for sure . Hopefully d,j,f make up for lost precip 

1 minute ago, Animal said:

My holly nws is going balls to wall with a bold call of snow showers Saturday night into Sunday.

possible car topper to an inch

Upton has something similar for us here in Orange county.. 1-2" possible for those at or above 1000'

IMBY im only expecting flakes in the air with maybe a dusting. 2nd occurrence of flakage and it will only be 11/20

13 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I expect to see some showers Sunday but nothing with accumulation, a trace on the grass isn't impossible, but these changeover/backend snow showers are often few and far between... nam looks impressive on initial sim radar but doesn't amount to much, western burbs close PA border do well

I'm quite confident everyone in this mini-forum sees snow Flying.  Accumulation will prob be confined to the high spots in the nw corner of the county as well as Sullivan county. Someone could get lucky with all the instability showers and streamers on Sunday 

26 minutes ago, snywx said:

Someone is gonna get lucky tomorrow with a streamer from the lakes. Been showing up the past few runs and literally cuts the county in half. Could drop a quick 1-2" 

12z 4k NAM

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 11.20.29 AM.png

Latest news from Mt. Holly NWS.

Forecast - going with snow showers to possibly an inch or 2 of snow depending what actually develops.

Once the front lifts through the area, temperatures will drop quite significantly. As temperatures fall below freezing across the northern areas. This could lead to a light accumulation of snowfall across the northern areas , especially for Carbon and Monroe, Pennsylvanian and possibly Sussex, New Jersey overnight tonight into Sunday morning. && .LONG TERM /SUNDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/... Strong low pressure is forecast to be located over northern New England and southern Quebec on Sunday morning. The low is expected to move slowly eastward reaching the Gulf of Saint Lawrence on Monday night. The circulation around the system should keep our region in a brisk west northwest flow for Sunday and Monday. Temperatures will be markedly colder than we`ve been experiencing. High should be in the 30s in the elevated terrain up north and mostly in the 40s elsewhere in our region. The wind is forecast to be rather strong on Sunday with sustained speeds in the 15 to 30 MPH range and gusts of 40 to 50 MPH. As a result, a Wind Advisory is in effect. The wind speeds are expected to diminish very slowly on Sunday night and Monday. The cold advection and the west northwest flow should bring some snow and rain showers to our region. There is the potential for accumulating snow in the elevated terrain of the Poconos and northwestern New Jersey with perhaps an inch or two in some areas. We would not be surprised to see three inches in a few spots but that amount would be very localized.

Archived