Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, snywx said:

All these snowy and cold forecast for the interior are making me think another dud is incoming. I just do not have a good feeling. Saying snowier/colder than last season isn't saying much. Most of us up here finished with 10-20" for the winter which is roughly 20-40% of normal.

Yeah but we all will question everything until it actually happens since we've been burned so many times.  

25 for the low which is also the season low for me but I'll be out in a t shirt tomorrow again.

34 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah but we all will question everything until it actually happens since we've been burned so many times.  

25 for the low which is also the season low for me but I'll be out in a t shirt tomorrow again.

Exactly.. Keep expectations at a minimum. Id rather be pleasantly surprised then disappointed cause expectations were so high.

26° for a low here..

12 minutes ago, snywx said:

Any local mets from the HV release a winter outlook? Curious..

The only area-specific winter outlook that I know of is the one from the guys at Hudson Valley Weather, who pretty much followed suit and went on record with a cold and snowy prediction. They always seem to know their stuff. http://www.hudsonvalleyweather.com/2016-2017-hvw-winter-outlook/

I'm not ready to jump on the epic snows bandwagon either, but every winter has potential as far as I'm concerned. To borrow a phrase from tropical weenies, "it only takes one..."

4 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The only area-specific winter outlook that I know of is the one from the guys at Hudson Valley Weather, who pretty much followed suit and went on record with a cold and snowy prediction. They always seem to know their stuff. http://www.hudsonvalleyweather.com/2016-2017-hvw-winter-outlook/

I'm not ready to jump on the epic snows bandwagon either, but every winter has potential as far as I'm concerned. To borrow a phrase from tropical weenies, "it only takes one..."

Yeah their outlook looks similar to others that I have seen.. I guess time will tell.

On 11/7/2016 at 11:24 AM, snywx said:

All these snowy and cold forecast for the interior are making me think another dud is incoming. I just do not have a good feeling. Saying snowier/colder than last season isn't saying much. Most of us up here finished with 10-20" for the winter which is roughly 20-40% of normal.

You jinxed us :(

Starting to feel like winter with "chilly" temps. Getting nervous about all the calls of a cold and snowy winter.

Local NNJ web news company produced photos of canistear reservior, around 6-8 miles se of my house. Lowest I have seen it ever as noted earlier. Typically people take boats out and fish in the lake.  Reservior  is long in length. 

http://www.northjersey.com/news/environment/canistear-reservoir-displays-evidence-of-the-drought-1.1691044

Archived