Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

42 minutes ago, Animal said:

Mt Holly nws seems unimpressed with the event overnight and Thursday morning. Mentions mostly rain, possible brief period of snow sleet to rain.

hopefully they are wrong

You might be little too far south for this event. Once those mid levels get torched elevation won't mean much unless you are sitting above 5000'

P/C for MBY.. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.09.05 AM.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some folks at work reported "hail" during their lunchtime walk yesterday but whether I see my legit first flakes of the season tomorrow remains to be seen.  That said, the bigger take away for me is that we are looking at another possible good soaking of near an inch or so of liquid.  That's two decent soakings in the past week so I'm hoping that just maybe we are starting to eat into this drought and setting up a wetter pattern for the winter months.  Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Some folks at work reported "hail" during their lunchtime walk yesterday but whether I see my legit first flakes of the season tomorrow remains to be seen.  That said, the bigger take away for me is that we are looking at another possible good soaking of near an inch or so of liquid.  That's two decent soakings in the past week so I'm hoping that just maybe we are starting to eat into this drought and setting up a wetter pattern for the winter months.  Time will tell.

Around 1pm yesterday I saw a mix of IP/SN. It was mostly IP but some flakes were def flying

4 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I trust you eliminated those people swiftly?

57 minutes ago, Animal said:

Yea I read up upton's discussion.

guess we will see who has the better forecast. No mention of snow for the all of Sussex county or Monroe county pa.

They even have snow /sleet mentioned for eastern Passaic and Bergen county .  Again two totally different forecasts in the same area 

20 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I trust you eliminated those people swiftly?

Zap :o

20 hours ago, snywx said:

I find myself constantly having to correct people on that! lol.. Then they look at me like I have a midget growing on my head

You don't?  C'mon get with the program man.

18 hours ago, BxEngine said:

The hidden video when irishrob finally landed a funny quip:

4143263A-EB22-4D84-818F-7E6982E543C3_zps

hahaha

I saw legit snow yesterday.  There is a fair bit on the ground along the Rt 4 Corridor in VT from just below the Pico base and most of the peaks are nicely coated.  It was also snowing lightly in the middle of the day, that was so nice to see.

1 minute ago, gravitylover said:

Really?  Not surprised actually.  Just a few miles south of here it's all rain, I've been between mix/sleet/frzdr for the last few hours so I bet the changeover line isn't too far north of me.  I bet a few hundred feet up it's mostly snow/frozen here too.

Actually no.. I took a quick 10 min drive to my NW up toward the ridge (1500'). It was all ZR while I was pinging away. Pretty much no difference in accumulation as well which was a light coating on non-paved surfaces

Archived